Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Center Meta Data Not Updating?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi,

I'm having a problem with Windows Media Center meta data not updating when I make changes to the video meta data files.

How do I get the Windows Media Center to reflect these changes?

I made the changes so that the videos would appear differently in Windows Media Center.

I specifically converted none .mp4 video files to .mp4 video files just so that I can include meta data that I thought would place "Movies" and "Recorded TV" in the genres I would like them to appear in but they are still appearing in the same place since Windows Media Center first listed them.

This is really getting frustrating. I have to log into a second dual (Windows 7) boot just to keep Windows Media Center from closing down when trying to open the "Movie" selection in the Center.

Windows Media Center closing when opening the "Movie" selection may be a different issue like certain video files being "Blocked" because they were downloaded online, that is what the "Block" says. I'm trying to unblock all I can find.

Anyhow, whether or not Windows Media Center closing is a different issue how do I get Windows Media Center to reflect the changes I make to the video meta data?

Any help with this would be great! Thanks.

John
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

Can you get a screenshot of the error message?

Is this when you right click on the file and go to properties?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users