Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Controller Dell Inspiron 510m

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arfer

Arfer

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Have reinstalled XP on a friend's Dell Inspiron 510m and got it onto the Internet via a Belkin USB Adapter.
While on the internet I've downloaded and installed all Microsoft updates and updated drivers.
I have got the correct location (U.K.) Network Adapters:
Intel Pro/100 VE Network Connection
and also downloaded Dell R83099 TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card and installed.
The wireless does not work or appear in Device Manager.
Yellow question mark in Device Manager shows Other Devices > Network Controller.
I cannot find a driver for this anywhere.
The Dell site does not recognise the Service Tag and I'm at a loss as to where to look next....
I've found plenty of references to others experiencing exactly this issue but have not seen a solution.
Really need some help on this,
TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

hi,i think you need the motherboard chipset driver,you could use speccy to find out the motherboard model .
---------
Use Speccy to provide details of your computer's configuration.

Download, http://209.62.107.107/speccy/download/standard , install, and run.
After Speccy has finished gathering information, click File > Publish Snapshot.
Click Yes. A web address will be displayed.
Click Copy to Clipboard and paste it in your next post.
Include your computer's manufacturer and model number, if available.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

Have reinstalled XP on a friend's Dell Inspiron 510m and got it onto the Internet via a Belkin USB Adapter.
While on the internet I've downloaded and installed all Microsoft updates and updated drivers.
I have got the correct location (U.K.) Network Adapters:
Intel Pro/100 VE Network Connection
and also downloaded Dell R83099 TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card and installed.
The wireless does not work or appear in Device Manager.
Yellow question mark in Device Manager shows Other Devices > Network Controller.
I cannot find a driver for this anywhere.
The Dell site does not recognise the Service Tag and I'm at a loss as to where to look next....
I've found plenty of references to others experiencing exactly this issue but have not seen a solution.
Really need some help on this,
TIA

All Dell machines come with a CD containing the drivers for a particular model. Ask you friend where he put his and then insert that.

#4 Arfer

Arfer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

Found a solution, went here http://www.3dpchip.com/3dpchip/index_eng.html and downloaded and ran the Net version which comes with it's own repository of drivers. It recognised what was missing,2 clicks and a big smile !!! PS. If the driver disk were available I would have used it ;) Thanks Guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users