Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijack This Is Working Now

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nikkisixx13

nikkisixx13

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:52 PM

I managed to get Hijack this to finally work, I restared my computer and yanked my cable internet connection as I restared...hijack this ran, and send error report to microsoft work, as well as my add and remove programs. Appears to me taht whatever this is is internet based. My original post which was in another thread is below, followed by the hijack this log. Thanks again for the help guys! Oh, some of my porgrams are working now, some still aren't, but my active x download used for online scans is still not co-operating.

All of a sudden yesterday my computer went hay-wire on my. I wasn't even doing anything out of the ordinary.

My first intial reaction was to run Hijack This, but it won't load for some reason. It'll pop up in my task manager under tasks and processes, but it shows up as not responding, but the program itself never shows up. Firefox, my usual browser of choice, continues to crash constantly now as well. Also, no online virus scans will work for me either, as something is preventing Active X (or anything) from downloading, both on IE and FFox. I luckily already had Ewido, ran that, and that only showed up with a bunch of cookies, which I removed. NAV ran, and I removed everything that it came up with as well (A0113183.exe A0113181.exe, bnedkmla.exe, and dmfte.exe) Spybot ran, nothing out of the ordinary was found there. CWShredder only found Msconfig (?) and I managed to download and run the Pepi coolwebsearch smartkiller, which said I didn't have the file on my comp in the first place.

I noticed a few wierd things in the processes tab...I'm not sure how many SVCHOST's there are supposed to be running at any time, I always thought it was three, one for system, one for user, and one for local network...I have 4, two system ones, and one eats up A LOT of memory compared to the other one. THe other odd thing I noticed is something called dumprep.exe, which seems to spawn itself as it shows up more than once, I killed it and the host program before, but to no avail.

Also, upon start up (and this may have NOTHING to do with anything else) I get an error message reading cslaf.exe The NTVDM CPU has encounterd and illegal instruction. CS:0549 IP:037f OP:2e 63 6f 6d 22 choose close to terminate the application. IF I choose ignore instead, I get quite a few of the same error message popping up, but with the CS: etc. numbers changing. On this current restart, I've just left the window alone and haven't clicked on anything else, so if for some reason this IS relevant, I can give the additional error messages in a reply post.

Lastly, I tried to just restart windows in safe mode, but it would always reboot it self before completing the job. It's say at the bottom of the DOS prompt while loading "press ESC to not load d347bus.sys" I ignored this the first time, and the computer rebooted before going any farther...thought it was a fluke, so I tried it again...still nothing...lastly I hit ESC went prompted, and it still rebooted on me.

I've had nasty things get on my comp before, but nothing at all like this, and I'm completely stumped at the moment. Thanks in advance for the help!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:27:27 AM, on 2/23/2006
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\AudioHQ\AHQTB.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\RemCtrl\ATIX10.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\SCardSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ScsiAccess.EXE
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\ATISched.EXE
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsgSys.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
C:\Program Files\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02DCA195-602B-4B1F-83FF-381B7E804BDB} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HDBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AHQInit] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Program\AHQInit.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AudioHQ] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\AudioHQ\AHQTB.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Regx10EXE] C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\RemCtrl\ATIX10.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /startintray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SCDEmuApp.exe] C:\Program Files\PowerISO\SCDEmuApp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ATI Scheduler] C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\ATISched.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: ATI CATALYST System Tray.lnk = C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: ATI TV - {44226DFF-747E-4edc-B30C-78752E50CD0C} - C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\TV\EXPLBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Chess - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/ct2_x.cab
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Hearts - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/ht1_x.cab
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! MahJong - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/ot0_x.cab
O16 - DPF: {04E214E5-63AF-4236-83C6-A7ADCBF9BD02} (HouseCall Control) - http://housecall60.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan60.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} -
O16 - DPF: {27527D31-447B-11D5-A46E-0001023B4289} (CoGSManager Class) - http://gamingzone.ubisoft.com/dev/packages/GSManager.cab
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_1_0_0_42.cab
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by15fd.bay15.hotmail.msn.com/resources/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1127770470562
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061...all/xscan53.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Ahead Software AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: ScsiAccess - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ScsiAccess.EXE
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (svcWRSSSDK) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:20 AM

Hello nikkisixx13 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any signs of viruses or malware in the log. It is clean.

Your operating system is extremely out of date. By not keeping the OS updated the computer is vulnerable to every infection on the net and in emails today and trying to repair an unpatched system is virtually impossible. For update purposes, Microsoft has even stopped supporting a system that is this far out of date. Go to the Windows Update site and install Service Pack 2. Once that is done, go back to the Windows Update site and install all available Critical Updates. This will patch the system with the most current security fixes and plug all the known holes which are present on this system. If you are not on a broadband connection the Service Pack can be obtained from Microsoft for a nominal shipping fee.

The d347bus.sys file is a part of Daemon Tools and the issues described above are known to the makers of that product. I would suggest posting over at Daemon's support site. Their techs have been able to resolve some of those issues but not all of them.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users