Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dreamweaver 8 ?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Location:Non-exotic city of Leicester from the Land of Hope & Glory
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:15 PM

I wonder if there's any difference between Dreamweaver 8 (which I'm currently using) and Dreamweaver UltraDev (which I've heard is mainly for ASP).

Basically, since I'm looking for a job as a Website Developer & as the employer often ask for not just HTML based skill but also CSS, XML, XHTML, PHP, ASP, SQL etc., I wonder how relevant is having hands-on experience in Dreamweaver 8 is ???

So far, I've a basic knowledge of SQL & have hands-on experience in HTML. After reading couple of books on Dreamweaver, I feel comfortable with using CSS, as well.

All I know about ASP is that it builts dyanamic forms on the Internet, along with connecting Database like MS Access & (perhaps) SQL, as well. I wonder if Dreamweaver 8 covers ALL ASPECTS of ASP. Beside, does the same software cover ALL ASPECTS of XML, XHTML, etc.

I reckon, having negligible knowledge about programming, there's no bloody way I could possibly feel comfortable with typing weird looking programming code, so I wonder if such a software like Dreamweaver 8 makes life any easier for someone like me ???
Nope, I'm NOT God, but I'm British (which is the next best thing ;)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users