Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When to submit a startup entry ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Angela12345

Angela12345

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

I found a startup entry that is not listed on BC, but is information that I found online by googling. This information is accurate and matches what I am seeing on my computer.

Q - Do I submit it as an entry because it is not in The Startup Database so we can make this database more complete ? Or, do I not submit it for some reason ? When entering it via the Submission Wizard, should I give credit to the locations and/or website(s) where I found the information ? What about if I find it in multiple locations ? Am I allowed to paraphrase the information I find elsewhere ? Am I allowed to copy the information I find elsewhere ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,567 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Absolutely submit new startups when they are not in the database. Doing so is greatly appreciated.

As for the descriptions, feel free to paraphrase or write your own descriptions as we do not like to use content from others sites.

Thanks.

#3 Sani-T-Capt1

Sani-T-Capt1

• Members
  • 559 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

Saw this to late and posted a similar query in the malware removal study hall :blink:

Edited by Sani-T-Capt1, 14 May 2012 - 10:50 PM.

Either We Learn to Live Together as People, Or Die Apart as Fools !

Ignorance ISN'T Bliss, It's Just "IGNORANCE"!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users