Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installed new dvd/cd drive reads but wont burn?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 azbudman

azbudman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Not sure what i may have done wrong. I have an Intel that runs xp professional. kinda older desktop that only had a readable drive so i got a burnable drive for it and added it as the master while the readable is the slave. they both Will read cd to listen to music or play games but when i tried to burn dell drivers off net that i desperately need for my laptop then it goes thru all the motions that it is working but when you check the cd or dvd (tried both) then it says its a blank disk. any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,889 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

What software are you using to attempt the burn?

What steps did you take to attempt the burn of the drivers? Have you tied to burn any files which are stored on your hard drive?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users