Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

radio problem

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

I have 2 laptops one running XP with IE8 and the other running W7 with IE9 and both are fully updated.

With the XP machine I can any radio station I want to without any problems so I can listen online.

With the W7 machine there are one or two stations I can not get no matter what I try. I get an error message 403 (forbidden)..???

Both machine have Windows media player, are connected to the internet by wireless router (modem) & through the same ISP system.

Both are using the same search engine (google)

One of the FM radio stations in question that I listen to is my favourite and it is annoying to have to fire up my old XP machine to do so.

Any ideas please.

Edited by center, 19 April 2012 - 06:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 th3p00r

th3p00r

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

did you try the compatibility view mode on the IE?

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

What station is it? Someone else with Windows 7 may want to see if he/she can tune in to it.

#4 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Yes tried the compatability setting and still no go.

The site is Curtin FM 100.1 or curtin fm radio.com.au

#5 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

As I have had no further suggestions from the board here I downloaded Google Chrome and bingo immediately I was able to listen to the radio site mentioned....???

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:00 AM

This Link gave me instant access on my computer, in Melbourne, so I needed to turn the volume up a bit -

Click on the antenna -

#7 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

Thanks but there is no way I can connect to that station with IE9 via ny links. I get "internet explorer can not display this page" message but with Chrome I am right in no worries..??? It has me beat...!!!! Could it be something to do with ieframe.dll ? I have run Malware Bytes, and Avast doing full scans and all clear.

#8 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

Hi there,

Try resetting your IE 9 settings (via Internet Options) and if that doesn't help, try reinstalling it.

Probably an incorrect setting or a missing component that is causing the problem.

BTW,

Are you able to downgrade to IE 8?

Is Internet Explorer actually your default browser? Maybe it's time you tried Chrome or Firefox.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 20 April 2012 - 07:35 AM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#9 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hi there,

Try resetting your IE 9 settings (via Internet Options) and if that doesn't help, try reinstalling it.

Probably an incorrect setting or a missing component that is causing the problem.

BTW,

Are you able to downgrade to IE 8?

Is Internet Explorer actually your default browser? Maybe it's time you tried Chrome or Firefox.

Thanks RS I have tried resetting settings in IE9. Not particuarly interesting in downgraging to IE8 really as I am only having the problem with one radio station and since I downloaded Chrome, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I can get the station so for now I will leave it be unless someone comes up with a fix, but as things stand now I doubt that they will. Anyway thanks again for your input.

#10 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

It seems that you have incorrect settings for I.E.9 on your Windows7 -
I can still access the radio station on my laptop (Windows7 and I.E.9 installed), even now with no problem at all :huh: even while it is running on the battery

Best I can say is to check your I.E.9 settings, run your Antivirus, Disable any 3rd party Firewall, or reinstall I.E.9 -

Regards -

#11 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

It seems that you have incorrect settings for I.E.9 on your Windows7 -
I can still access the radio station on my laptop (Windows7 and I.E.9 installed), even now with no problem at all :huh: even while it is running on the battery

Best I can say is to check your I.E.9 settings, run your Antivirus, Disable any 3rd party Firewall, or reinstall I.E.9 -

Regards -

Okay I checked all the settings in IE9 as per MS recommendations, no luck, removed & then reinstalled IE9 during which I had a couple of problems and still no go. Did a full scan for viruses and malware etc and nothing found, restored the laptop to a point way back and still no go. So reluctantly I did a full reformatt after saving lots of personal folders and heaps of photograhs etc and at last finally I was able to listen to Curtin FM 100.1....!!!! So much for W7...????? Cant beat XP...????

Thanks for you help here Noknojon I appreciated it.

Edited by center, 22 April 2012 - 07:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users