Follow these instructions
To set up an ad hoc network:
1. On the Start menu, click Connect To. (or in the search box Type "Network And Sharing" without the quotes)
2. In the Connect to a network window, click the Set up a connection or network task.
3. On the Choose a connection option page, click Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network, and then click Next. (This option only appears on computers that have wireless adapters.)
4. Read the ad hoc network information, and then click Next.
5. Provide a network name (IE: PS3Adhoc), select whether the network is open or requires authentication (your encryption type WEP, WPA, WPA-PSK etc.), provide a security phrase if necessary, Put a Check mark in the Save this connection box. then click next.
Turn on your PS3 and go into the SETTINGS MENU------>NETWORK SETTINGS----->INTERNET CONNECTION SETTINGS then select yes
Next Select EASY--->WIRELESS---->SCAN a list of networks will appear and your network you named in step 5 should be listed.
Select your network and choose the authentication setting you chose in step 5 and enter the encryption key and confirm the network configuration.
Once this is done a list of settings should be displayed
If this does not work we will have to manually enter the TCP/IPsettings on the PS3
Credit:Microsoft TechnetPS3 Online User's Guide
Edited by Sneakycyber, 21 April 2012 - 04:44 PM.