Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost internet after running Ad Aware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 111paul

111paul

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

I am running Windows 8 with IE 10. I ran Spybot Search and Destroy and it only detected cookies, which I let the program delete. After I ran Spybot I dowloaded and ran Ad Aware and did a scan. I ran out of time and stopped the scan, it had not found anything at that time. Since then I have lost all internet access on that computer. I still have access on my other computer connected thru a router, and by wireless. I have aVast as my anti virus software. After the issue I uninstalled all of the Ad Aware programs, unsing Windows uninstaller, thru the control panel. Diagnostics gives me the "The remote device or resource won't accept the connection Detected". My network adapters seem to be enabled, I have an IP of 192.168.10.100. I have a Zone Alarm Z100G router which I used to be able to access by typing my.firewall in the IE address bar. Now I get the same "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error. I reset IE 10, restarted, still nothing. IE 10, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Outlook all are unable to connect.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:42 AM

Sorry to add this -
The Zone Alarm Z100G has been discontinued for a while, and has almost no support left for it now.
Personally I would contact your Internet Provider (by phone) and see if they will still support the Zone Alarm Z100G -

There has been many complaints at the Zone Alarm forum on this problem, dating back about 2 years
This item was sold as a commercial unit, not a personal unit, and was never fully supported, and then sold to another company -
ZoneAlarm Z100G Secure Wireless Router - Forum
Added link to ZA Router Forum -

Edited by noknojon, 19 April 2012 - 04:39 AM.

#3 111paul

111paul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

The router is working; all of my other computers still connect to the internet and function correctly. Wired and wireless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users