Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windpfind

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 john god

john god

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:32 PM

Need help to download WindPFind and than to unzip it.Don't know how to Extract.
Thanks,
John God

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:53 PM

Hi John.

Please take a read here on how to unzip. Click Here.
You can download the program from here.

I hope this helps.
David

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:07 PM

How to extract depends a little on which program you're using to extract the files.

If you don't have a program on your computer to unzip files with, you'll need to get one. Windows XP has its own extract tool, but earlier operatings systems do not.

Here's a free extract tool. I have not used it but it seems to have good ratings.

#4 john god

john god
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:54 PM

Hi Guys,
Sorry but I'm running Windows 98se.I forgot to tell you that.
Thanks,
John God

#5 john god

john god
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:42 AM

Let me explain.Using Windows 98se,Dell Demension 700xps,Pentium 3.
I downloaded WinPFind and tried to use it in safe mode.When I got to the scan screen, I clicked on scan, the button went grey, the arrow went to an hour glass.Wasn't any light flashing, and in all, nothing happened. The WinPFind didnot have the .exe at the end if this helps you any.I tried to run this a half dozen times or more to no avail. I used Winzip and tried Ken Wards Zipper, if I used them correctly.
Any help would be greatly appriciated..........
Thank-You,
John God

Thanks for your help and support. I think the problem is resolved.If I need any more help I'll give a call.
Thank-You,
John God

Edited by john god, 26 February 2006 - 05:15 PM.

#6 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:14 PM

If you used them correctly, you should have the original file that shows up as some kind of zipped folder. You should also have the unzipped files somewhere, which should show the teevee-like file to start the program, a text file, and another folder with plugins. If you do not have a folder with these files, you have not correctly unzipped.

It should work with any version of Windows, according to Oldtimer.

If it's working, you double-click on the teevee-looking file and it will open up a box with a couple of buttons on top and an empty screen below. You click on the Start Scanning button and wait while it scans.

When unzipping, pay attention to where the file is unzipping to. That will tell you where to look for the new files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users