Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Most recent updates to file deleted by virus???

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bigwiggles

bigwiggles

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Never heard of this one before. My computer was infected by a virus about 2 weeks back. We were unable to find any viruses, but I was planning on taking it to an expert over the weekend for more professional help.

The main issue I have is loss of data on my excel spreadsheet. I use this file throughout the day, and probably save it about 20 times throughout the day. When I walked into the office and opened the file, all the data I inputted the past two weeks (when the virus first presented itself) was erased.

Has anybody ever heard of a virus erasing data? I still have the file, but not the information I added within the past 2 weeks. Excel properties shows the last time it was modified was 4/9/12, but that's incorrect. Dell Technical Support was unable to retrieve it. And if anybody has heard of something like this occurring, does anyone have any ideas how to retrieve?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users