Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Make A Inquiry List.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 afterhours

afterhours

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:57 PM

Hello again

What i would like to do is have this feature where:

Customers can browse through products on my webpage, the customer picks out products they like, the items are saved into the cart (Same procedure as shopping cart method) but when the customer is all done, they instead click a Submit button and all the items for inquiry are sent to one of my email addresses.

When it gets to my email address, I can then go through their list and verify, price, and obtain more info on request.

Any one know where I can obtain the coding?

Cheers~
jim
~VAIO~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:46 PM

http://www.nopdesign.com/freecart/

this seems promising, though I not used this before so I can't guarentee anything.

#3 afterhours

afterhours
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:57 AM

Very good Andrew and thank you.

Very similar to that script (a shopping cart) but I need to figure out how to make the button "check out" into "Submit for inquiry" and they send all the products in the cart to my email.

Hmm. Maybe I can play with the "checkout" button, relabel it as "Inquiry" and do a " mail to:john_doe@yahoo.com " ?

Cheers,
Jim
~VAIO~

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:44 PM

Will all your merchandise be on one page with little checkboxes next to them so the user/customer can select which one(s) they want and then they press the "Inquire" button

-or-

Did you want to have each item on an indivual page with "Add To Cart" and "Checkout" type buttons?

#5 afterhours

afterhours
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:13 AM

Will all your merchandise be on one page with little checkboxes next to them so the user/customer can select which one(s) they want and then they press the "Inquire" button

-or-

Did you want to have each item on an indivual page with "Add To Cart" and "Checkout" type buttons?

Each item is on its own individual page. Where the traditional "Add to Cart" button may be, it would be relabeled as "Inquire" or "Add to inquiry"

Once the customer have selected all items to inquire about, they would click the "Checkout" button.

Once on that page, it would have fill-in fields:

Enter name
Business name
Contact info, etc.

Then a list of all the items they inquired about listed here.

Then finally, a button to click "Submit" Once clicked, all data would be sent to a certain email address for inquiry and info gathering.

Thank you Andrew,
Jim~
~VAIO~

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:08 PM

Methinks I have exactly what you're looking for:

http://www.scriptsearch.com/details/840.html :thumbsup: