Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Psu

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frankyp

frankyp

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:37 PM

Hi. Im connecting a psu and have got confused.
There is two sets of wires with identical plugs on (the drive plugs). Should I use one wire and leave the other wire un-used or should I use both wires and have some plugs on each wire empty.
cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:00 PM

Hello frankyp and welcome to BC.

If you mean the molex connectors (plugs) that connect to the Hard Drive and CD Drive it really doesn't matter. What you want is to have the "reach" to get to another drive if you put one in but that can be changed later. They all have the same amount of power coming out of them.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 frankyp

frankyp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:07 AM

thanks for replying you have given me fantastic advice. cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users