Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

icons keep refreshing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Choober

Choober

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

I'm having trouble, so lets say I'm typing and my computer basically acts like if I were to be typing and hit the lower taskbar just by clicking it once.
It stops me from typing or playing a game on the browser and not to mention it randomly minimizes games I play.
It's getting on my nerves and I need help badly I seem to can't figure it out on my own.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

Hi

Sounds like it might be a sticky ALT key or Windows key. Have you tried a different keyboard?

If you don't have a spare keyboard to try, tap on all the keys a few times to make sure nothing is sticking and the next time it happens, quickly press the TAB key and see if it switches between open Windows like ALT-TAB does. If it does that means one of the ALT keys is sticking for sure. Or try pressing the letter e to see if it brings up Windows Explorer like WindowsKey-e does. Then it is the Windows key.

If it is a wireless keyboard, make sure that there are no other wireless mice or keyboards nearby that might have a key or button pressed down or are being used by somebody near you.

James

Edited by NeverSayDie, 17 April 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#3 Choober

Choober
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

Hi

Sounds like it might be a sticky ALT key or Windows key. Have you tried a different keyboard?

If you don't have a spare keyboard to try, tap on all the keys a few times to make sure nothing is sticking and the next time it happens, quickly press the TAB key and see if it switches between open Windows like ALT-TAB does. If it does that means one of the ALT keys is sticking for sure. Or try pressing the letter e to see if it brings up Windows Explorer like WindowsKey-e does. Then it is the Windows key.

If it is a wireless keyboard, make sure that there are no other wireless mice or keyboards nearby that might have a key or button pressed down or are being used by somebody near you.

James

Well that was a great idea but I don't even have to type out anything it still happens it does it on it's on will. usualy every 1 to 2 minutes or so sometimes faster.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,674 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) Have you run full scans with BOTH your anti virus app as well as MalwareBytes? If not, please do so now.

3) Does the same thing happen in safe mode?

#5 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

Well that was a great idea but I don't even have to type out anything it still happens it does it on it's on will. usualy every 1 to 2 minutes or so sometimes faster.

Do you have a wireless keyboard or mouse? If so, is there another packed in a box or a drawer nearby where it might possibly have something pushing down a button or key stacked on it?

Do you have any extra wireless keyboard or mouse receivers plugged into the computer?

Does it happen when you disconnect the keyboard from the computer?

Have you tried a different keyboard?

James

#6 Choober

Choober
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) Have you run full scans with BOTH your anti virus app as well as MalwareBytes? If not, please do so now.

3) Does the same thing happen in safe mode?

I downloaded a new game but uninstalled it, I downloaded UnityWebPlayer witch is for a webbased game I've been playing.

I've done the scan and found a few things wrong but other then that it still does it.

and it didn't happen in safe mode.

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,674 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

I downloaded a new game but uninstalled it, I downloaded UnityWebPlayer witch is for a webbased game I've been playing.

I've done the scan and found a few things wrong but other then that it still does it.

and it didn't happen in safe mode.

If you found viruses on your system I'm guessing they are to blame. I suggest you post in the Am I Infected forum on this site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users