Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Inboxes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CJoQ

CJoQ

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

Hi all,

Firstly, its great to be back! I held an account many, many years ago, but for the life of me cannot find the old inbox with my details in. Secondly, I have run a search for my query, but haven't been able to find anything. Apologies in advance if it turned out it was right in front of my nose!

Problem:
I am getting to a stage now where I have many daily e-mails coming to me about a lot of different things and its getting quite messy. I was wondering if there is any way I could possibly create filters/rules/multiple inboxes that automatically sorts where my mail goes.

For example: a separate folder/inbox that takes all my work e-mails, and another for all my stock and investment reports/daily bulletins, another for personal (friends & family), another for automated weekly career opportunities and so on.

How could I go about doing this, primarily on my Gmail account? I have tried using the Multiple Inbox option in Labs, but I haven't really got my head around how it makes things easier.

Thank you all!

CJoQ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

Using Spam Filters in Gmail

Select from the given options on the Menu page for details -

EDIT - To keep track of your topics, please click Watch Topic at the top of the page -

Edited by noknojon, 18 April 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#3 CJoQ

CJoQ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

Using Spam Filters in Gmail

Select from the given options on the Menu page for details -

EDIT - To keep track of your topics, please click Watch Topic at the top of the page -

Thanks very much! Really helpful.

#4 CJoQ

CJoQ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

To save space - happy for this topic to be deleted/removed. 

Problem solved. Really appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users