Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail Encryption

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pittjo01

pittjo01

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hello,

I'm running Chrome 18.0.1025.162m on Windows XP and have a yellow caution symbol in my address bar when I'm logged into Gmail. When I click on the caution symbol, it says

"Your connection to mail.google.com is encrypted with 128-bit encryption. However, this page includes other resources which are not secure. These resources can be viewed by others while in transit, and can be modified by an attacker to change the look of a page.

The connection uses TLS 1.0

The connection is encrypted with RC4_128, with SHA1 for message authentication and ECDHE_RSA as the key exchange mechanism.

The connection is not compressed."

Anybody have any thoughts or advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

Depends on the browser you're using. If it's IE, then those 'other resources' are likely to be ads.

I'd suggest downloading Firefox from here: Download Firefox 11.0

Then install this add-on: Adblock Plus which will block the ads. Subscribe to "Easylist" when you see the option to do so during the installation which currently blocks around 11,000 ads.

You can also customize Firefox the way you want. See: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/customize/

#3 Minh Triet Pham Tran

Minh Triet Pham Tran

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

How to Figure Out Exactly What's Not Being Served Over HTTPS

Why Does Chrome Think Gmail Is Insecure?
http://lifehacker.com/5743975/why-does-chrome-think-gmail-is-insecure

It's nice to know that not everything on the page is being served over HTTPS, but it would be more comforting to know exactly what isn't secure. To find out, click the wrench button, select Tools > Developer Tools, and then click over to the Console tab. Click the Warnings button, then check out what's there.

If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology. Bruce Schneier

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

Hello -
This may help us a bit - Download Security Check from HERE, and Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should soon open automatically called checkup.txt; please Copy / Paste the contents of that document back here -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users