Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

browser redirect

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 potroastmaster

potroastmaster

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

I would like to post a HJT log but not sure when/where I should. I have used multiple programs to correct this issue. AVG MALWAREBYTES and Attempted STOPZILLA and didnt care for it. The issues is the computer after being logged on for a bit begins to not open programs and states too many threads (or not enough available threads). I found on one forum that the Task scheduler was manipulated/corrupted. So I deleted that entry and restarted/refreshed it through a cmd prompt. If there is a browser already open it will redirect from a google search(when you click a link) but not from a manual entry into the Address bar.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Please follow Steps 6-9 at Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html . The link reflected in the Prep Guide places your new topic in the correct forum.

Do not post an HJT log...follow the directions in the Prep Guide and post the requested logs specified.

Louis

#3 potroastmaster

potroastmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Starting at step 6: Defogger complete. could not get log files from DDS. the first time was i left AVG on by accident. once that was disabled i got it started and Read through the dialog and noted that it shouldn't take longer than 3 minutes. and the computer has no speakers connected to it at all. and it sounded like there was an internal fight(chatter and such) thinking the harddrive was failing or there was a modem logging on with tons of errors. after about five minutes and "#" pound signs being displayed i ended the code by clicking the red x. tried to run it again and could not get it to run. Attempted to run it again and noted that the dialog for DDS.SCR came up briefly and extinguished and also noted this time monitoring the task list "showing all processes" noted that the SVCHOST.EXE is using lots of processor percentage.

Please advise

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users