Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help identifying virus

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Gigi77

Gigi77

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

I cannot get onto the Internet to download anything that will help remove virus. I have Malware bytes on my computer and did a short scan with that and removed what it found but it still will not work. Also used Microsoft tool to remove and scan for viruses. I did a full scan with that and only one was found and removed. I still cannot log on to Internet. It shows "no Internet connection found." I tried to do a system restore but I was not able to do that either. Please help! I have minimal computer knowledge.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hello Gigi77 welcome to Bleeping Computer I will be helping you. All right lets begin open up MalwareBytes, and update the database using http://data.mbamupdates.com/tools/mbam-rules.exe this will upgrade with the latest database you may need to put it on a flash drive from another computer. Then run a full scan and post the log here also post the log MalwareBytes gave to you when you scanned before.

Edited by firemaster1337, 17 April 2012 - 04:12 PM.

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#3 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

Also another thing check your internet settings the virus may have tampered with them for internet explorer go to settings click connects click lan settings and if proxy server is enabled disable it. For FireFox go to options and click advance settings and click network and click settings on connection either set it to use system proxy settings or no proxy settings.

Edited by firemaster1337, 17 April 2012 - 04:13 PM.

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#4 Gigi77

Gigi77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but how do you post the log after I run the scan?

#5 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but how do you post the log after I run the scan?

Its easy go to logs and look for the latest one which would have the date of 2012-4-17 and copy what was in the logs and post it in a reply.

#6 Gigi77

Gigi77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

Thanks. Running the scan now. It will probably take a few hours. I will post the logs after that.

#7 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

Your welcome. :thumbup2:

#8 Gigi77

Gigi77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Unfortunately, I do not have access to another computer at this time. The scan finished and it found two files infected.

c:\program files\internet explorer\msimg32.dll (PUP.FunWebProducts) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\windows\system32\f3pssavr.scr (PUP.FunWebProducts) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#9 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

Is your internet working? Also I need to post the whole log otherwise it does not help.

Edited by firemaster1337, 17 April 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#10 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

Also I need the log that was given before this log it may have malware that was removed that caused your internet to break.

Edited by firemaster1337, 17 April 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#11 Gigi77

Gigi77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

No my Internet is not working and I am working with you through my iPhone. I may have to wait until I have another computer as I cannot copy and paste the logs since I cannot get on the Internet.

#12 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Ok Have you tried my method of checking your internet settings?

#13 Gigi77

Gigi77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

Yes. I did what you said. It says no Internet connection detected and when I try and diagnose it- it says to do it while not in safe mode. But I cannot get in the computer unless it is in safe mode or it shuts off.

#14 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

What do you mean by "shuts off"? Define shut off for me. Do you get any Blue Screen Of Deaths?

Edited by firemaster1337, 17 April 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#15 Gigi77

Gigi77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Sorry. It goes to a blue screen and says something like "a problem was detected and your computer will shut down to protect your computer". I can do it again and post what it says exactly if needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users