Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I want to up my stock in the pc Repair Business

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 doziman803

doziman803

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

I know this is outside the topic but I ve spinning my wheels looking improve my Pc repair business. I have been open for two years and business has been great and I have huge client base. However competition has moved in and I want to offer more services. We offer the basics on all pc products. Virus Removal, hardware, new and used, antivirus. What I want is to find someone that can direct me to better training and suggest some new services. Also I have been looking in to tablet repair and mac repair. Does anyone have any advice on this or a better suggestion of what I can carry or privide.

So a good question would be......What service could you provide in a pc repair shop that would be the most profitible besides the basic.

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

I've moved this topic to a more appropriate forum.

You've made a lot of generalities in your question. What do you mean by the 'basic'? Without knowing what is already provided it would be difficult to suggest additional services.

Additionally. . . part of a successful small business is creativity and innovation. You might be able to figure out a way to make a previously unwieldy service profitable. You might find some success by going off the recommendations of others, but your greatest hits will likely be those you devise yourself.\

Do something that no one else does, or do something in a unique way. The possibilities are endless.

animinionsmalltext.gif
If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

One of the fastest growing segments of computer users are senior citizens. A good number of them are tech challenged. When something happens they take computers to a tech.

Tap into the senior market.

Some ideas:

1) Senior citizen discount

2) Offer to go to them. It's difficult for some of them to get out to go anywhere. Some may no longer drive and are at the mercy of others to take them places. Check with assisted living facilities and retirement complexes. Some of the residents will have a computer. When they have computer problems maybe the facility can call you and you go look at the computer. Do this as a volunteer, no charge for the service call. If anything needs to be replaced or viruses removed or the OS needs to be reinstalled senior discount can be applied. Your work will speak for itself. They will, hopefully, recommend your shop to others. A bonus to this would be the staff at the facility-some of them could end up being new customers which would benefit YOUR business.

College towns will have business give a discount to students. If you are in a college town this is something to consider if you don't already offer it. Word gets around fast on a college campus about the best places to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users