Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How I removed Win 7 Home Security 2012

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scottfromscott

scottfromscott

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

When sitting for an elderly relative at the hospital, I had connected to the hospital router and my laptop at some point popped up a message indicating that my computer was being scanned for viruses and of course many were soon 'found'. This was a fake scan and the 'antivirus' software titled 'Win 7 Home Security 2012' is one of the hijack type programs that infect computers.

Removing The "Win 7 Home Security 2012" Malware--
After reading the Kaspwersky Lab Forum entries here: Kaspersky Support Forum
I tried the suggestions there and they worked for me. i hope this also works for you!
Removing this malware takes a few steps to complete, but is simple and effective.
Since this malware does not allow internet access or allow you to execute programs, you must use another computer to download a Kaspersky utility.
(Although there are many solutions to this problem out there, I preferred Kaspersky's solution for it's simplicity and the fact that they provided a free utility to solve a similar infection my computer had last year.)
Step 1: download the following file onto an SD card (USB drive may work also) using another computer with internet access to allow your computer to again execute programs.

http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/cleanautorun.com

Step 2: Remove the SD card and insert it into the infected computer and run the com file
You will now be able to access the internet (don't reboot the computer or the malware will take control again.)
Step 3: Download, install and run MalwareBytes to remove the malware:

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4716-malwarebytes-anti-malware.html

Tell the program to remove all detected malware, then reboot the computer when prompted to do so.
The malware should now be removed.
After this I removed MalwareBytes and installed Microsoft Security Essentials.

Posted Image

Edited by hamluis, 19 April 2012 - 04:19 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to AV, Firewall, etc.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

@ scott -
There are better tutorials on This Site, as well as Malwarebytes Forum, GeeksToGo Forum, and several other Forums -
I know you are giving people wrong information {as with your other incorrect post}:spam:
As you are not a recognised Expert, please stop spreading this poor information -

Thank You -

#3 scottfromscott

scottfromscott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

If you read the title, it simply states how I did it. You are free to ignore this post, but I will not remove it or reconsider. And ... get off your 'high horse'. Thanks. (And I will not reply to any other inane posts from you.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users