Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DvD(s) reads in player(s) not on computer(s).

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dragonalumni

dragonalumni

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

I bought a box set of DVDs several years ago. They have always worked great in my at least 3 DVD players, but fail to show ANY data when trying to view them on different computers. (XP/Win7)

The result is the same for several DVDs, work great on several stand alone players, but fail to "load" in a computer DVD drive. On my XP computer it just does nothing, on my win7 machine the dvd player grinds for a while then says unable to load application e: In each case, with every DVD in question there is simply no data. In any case it acts as if all of these DVDs have no data on them.

To be clear, I have no problems loading any other DVDs on my computers. Just this set of DVDs.

I would like to back up these disks before they die. I assume I'm facing some sort of copy protection, but I do not know..

Any advice would helpful. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

<<To be clear, I have no problems loading any other DVDs on my computers. Just this set of DVDs.>>

IMO, that doesn't seem like a hardware problem of any sort...in fact, it almost has to be a media issue...but it really makes no sense at all to me if it's not a media issue.

Louis

#3 dragonalumni

dragonalumni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

Well, I'm not very familiar with these forums. I guess I posted in hardware because "one one hardware set it works and another it doesn't" :)

I'll try posting in another section..

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

No need to repost...the problem as you describe it...belongs here as much as any other forum :).

Wait for comments from others, please.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users