My operating system is Windows 7, 64-bit.
- Have a system64 folder in my c:\windows in addition to SysWow64. Don't think it should be there.
- Cannot activate Windows Firewall. It says Windows Firewall can't change some of my settings. Error code 0x800704c.
- Cannot activate Windows defender.
- Windows security center cannot be turned on.
- My antivirus program, Prevx, tells me that my system is infected on a random basis. However, when I scan with it, it catches nothing.
- MBAM finds nothing.
- I tried the TDSSFix tool, because that's what other forums have suggested. It reads: Suspicious use of kernel callback but MBR appears intact. Repair not done. No infections were found.
- Security Essentials does work, but it also doesn't find anything.
... Please help. Final exams are coming up, and I'd really like the peace of mind to know my box won't crash on me the next second.
Edited by Caradyran, 17 April 2012 - 12:12 AM.