Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail Invite

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TerryFox

TerryFox

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:55 AM

Hi ... Can someone explain as to why you need a gmail invite to use google email service ? How would I go about getting one ? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:09 AM

Hello TerryFox :thumbsup: I can send you an invite to gmail if you like. Altho I do not know why it is important to have an invite I can send you one. I will need an e-mail address for you tho. Rather than post in here in this topic please send me a PM.. personal message with an e-mail to send the invite to.

Pandy~

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 TerryFox

TerryFox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:31 AM

Hi ... Thanks :thumbsup: I just done that ( PM )....

Though does anyone know as to why after all this time that has gone by we still need a invite to create an email account with google ? Thanks

#4 TerryFox

TerryFox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:22 PM

Ok I found out why this is and its because gmail isn't completed as of yet

Edited by TerryFox, 23 February 2006 - 05:29 PM.

#5 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:41 PM

Ok TerryFox :thumbsup: Your invite is sent.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

~ Benjamin Franklin

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#6 TerryFox

TerryFox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:57 PM

Thanks Pandy , I got it , Much appreciated :thumbsup:

#7 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:03 PM

:thumbsup: I'm happy to help out. :flowers:

~ Benjamin Franklin

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#8 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:10 PM

Here I quoted something I got off of the gmail website

Can I sign up without the invitation code? Or without a mobile phone?
You need to receive and enter a special invitation code in order to create an account. Currently, we are only sending these codes as text messages to mobile phones. So you will need to have a mobile phone with text message capabilities (most phones have this) and the invitation code itself.

One of the reasons we are offering this new way to sign up for Gmail is to help protect our users and combat abuse. Spam and abuse protection are two things we take very seriously, and our users have been very happy with the small amount of spam they've received in their Gmail accounts. We take many measures to ensure that spammers have a difficult time sending their spam messages, getting these messages delivered, or even obtaining a Gmail account (spammers will often use many different accounts to send spam). Sending invitation codes to mobile phones via SMS is one way to address this, as the number of accounts per phone number can be limited.

If you want to open an account a different way, you may want to ask a friend with a mobile phone to receive an invitation code for you or to ask someone you know who already has a Gmail account to email you an invitation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users