Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Joiners

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 1up2down

1up2down

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

I was wondering if anyone could help to save me a lot of time. I quite often want to join up a series of video clips downloaded from YouTube. However, they are FLV files, and I can't find a video joiner that actually joins up FLV files. Many claim to, but all the ones I have tried turn out turn out to be nothing but simple converters. So what I am having to do is convert the files to another format first, and then use a video joiner to join them up. Unfortunately, all the video joiners I have tried, also convert the files yet again. The process of converting them twice not only seems to effect the quality, but also renders my computer almost useless for a very long time due to all the converters using up 100% of my CPU.

There has to be a solution to this problem but I just can't find one. Can anyone tell me if there is a way around it.

Edit: Moved topic from Tips and Tricks to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Take a look here: How Can I Link One Flv Video to Another?

They don't suggest a way to link the individual files or convert them. Instead they suggest 'playlist' enabled media players. To play one video after another.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 1up2down

1up2down
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

Take a look here: How Can I Link One Flv Video to Another?

They don't suggest a way to link the individual files or convert them. Instead they suggest 'playlist' enabled media players. To play one video after another.

Yes, I have been down that road before. The trouble is that I don't want my computer cluttered up with lots of different players. I already have about 5 or 6 different players and find even 2 more than enough for me. Windows media player uses a play list for when I want to play DVDs on my computer, although I had to install a K-Lite Codec Pack in order to make it do that. However, it does not use a play list when playing FLV files from a folder, just one file at a time.
I already have an Adobe Flash Player to watch YouTube videos, Real Player to download them and Windows Media Player to watch the downloaded files. I have began to uninstall other less used players such as iTunes and Quick Time.
It would of course be very nice if everyone stuck to the same format, but they don't.
The only answer as far as I can see is to find a video joiner for FLV files, even if it does mean having to convert them to another format, just so long as I don't need to convert them twice.

#4 1up2down

1up2down
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Great, I have just found the solution to the problem myself after days and days of searching. It's a program called FLV Editor Lite. No converting whatsoever, it just joins up the files within a few minutes. It can be installed and used free of charge, but with limitations such as only being able to join a maximum of 5 files at a time. But by joining them up in batches of 5, it is possible to join the larger files together later, giving you one complete file. Not only does it join up the files, it can download them for you too. It does many other things but I have not had time to study them yet.

Thanks anyway everyone

#5 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

I was wondering if anyone could help to save me a lot of time. I quite often want to join up a series of video clips downloaded from YouTube. However, they are FLV files, and I can't find a video joiner that actually joins up FLV files. Many claim to, but all the ones I have tried turn out turn out to be nothing but simple converters. So what I am having to do is convert the files to another format first, and then use a video joiner to join them up. Unfortunately, all the video joiners I have tried, also convert the files yet again. The process of converting them twice not only seems to effect the quality, but also renders my computer almost useless for a very long time due to all the converters using up 100% of my CPU.

There has to be a solution to this problem but I just can't find one. Can anyone tell me if there is a way around it.

Edit: Moved topic from Tips and Tricks to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Why don't you use YT's own video joiner? I use it all the time to join .flv clips I've created myself. Here's an example with transition effects: http://youtu.be/l18gofbJi6k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users