Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web-cam installation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 davidgeman

davidgeman

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

I am trying to install a new web-cam (from a company called Trust) The easy (?)installation guide is shown all in pictures. The 3rd stage is to go to Windows Live Messenger & click on Video. When I go to Win Live Messenger I do not get the same picture as shown (An avatar with a chefs hat with the words) =

Photos Files Video Games Activities Invite >>

picture here.

I get a log in screen & then when I have logged in I get the normal options

Files Activities Options etc

When I click on Activities I get amongst others a Video option this then gives me a further 3 options.

There are no options or variations listed on my Easy Installation guide. When I blunder my way through & try & use Skype I get a Large picture of myself centre screen & the legend that my camera is NOT switched on or at least not discerened by Skype. If I try & click on the camera Icon my system crashes.

Obviously I am using the camera already & then trying to use it again is the cause of the crash. I have e-mailed the maker & Skype & neither has replied

Any help would be gratefully recieved. I would ask that replies are kept simple (Because I am)

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

Is this your webcam? http://www.trust.com/products/productsupport.aspx?artnr=14382

I downloaded the manual and it looks pretty straightforward to me. Try the troubleshooting steps at the foot of that link if you can't get it to work.

Also, in WLM, press ALT to get the text links, go to Tools, Options and in the first menu called "Personal", make sure that "Allow others to see I have a webcam" is checkmarked. Run the "Audio and video setup" menu (in Tools menu) too.

#3 davidgeman

davidgeman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

I would agree that it looks quite simple. I am sure that IF the live messenger page as illustrated in that lovely simple installation guide actually appeared I could install it. BUT since that page did NOT appear. It was a different page. The page that appeared was not as required. It became anything but simple. As I said in my request for help. That The page that did appear was a log in page for messenger. I tried to use the FAQs but none of them answered my question. Their support staff did exactly the same as you. They did not read all the question. Therefore their answer too was totally inappropriate.
I need to know how to either remove Live messenger from my system but still leave it in "All programs" or to sidestep that phase somehow.
please help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users