Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any way to get logs of when computer was on?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 printerandink

printerandink

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

I'm not sure if I turned it off or not the other day and for some reason my security logs are inconclusive. Are there any other ways to find out when it was turned on, and when it was turned off?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hi -
Is there a problem that may have occurred during the day, or internet usage that may be missing ??

I can check back via my ISP logs to see if there was usage etc over any time

What is the reason for checking ? and this may give us a log to point you to -

#3 printerandink

printerandink
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

I thought I had turned it off. I came back to it, turned it on (or so I thought. I wasn't paying attention and I did this while my brain was on autopilot), and for some reason programs were running and all I had to do was log in. This makes no sense to me as I had turned the pc off. Unless there is some sort of insta start program run saving doodad I don't know about or I my attention was just that poor. Plus the security logs just don't match up. Some of that could be from a freeze up and hard shut down, but some of it doesn't really match up with that either.

So I need a log of when I turned on the pc and turned it off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users