Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firedaemon.exe And Winsecure

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 SaschaMSC

SaschaMSC

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:26 AM

Hello,
This will be my first post as I've usually been able to get rid of issues by reading other peoples posts. Right now I'm stumped and don't know how to get rid of this firedaemon.

To start out, my computer was acting funny after I installed some program that I downloaded off of a torrent. It was slow, IE was acting up or locking up, and not all of my usual programs were starting up after windows booted. After I installed the program, NAV immediately detected and quarintined a few files that I deleted without dealy. I thought that any virus that I had almost installed was just taken care of by NAV. The next day I noticed a guest account icon next to my user account....I did not create this or turn on guest account.....wierd.

I am currently running WinXP Pro SP2 with updates, NAV 10 (with current updates), Zone Alarm (installed after I had the problem). I have also installed the Windows/Microsoft defender with updates.

I have run a full scan with defender and NAV.

I ran Adaware first and it found a couple malicious items that I removed with the program. That didn't solve the problem. I have run Cleanup, Ewido, and Adaware in safe modes. Ewido found 3 hostile files and I deleted them....they were weblog32, winsecure, and nc.exe .

After those I ran Hijackthis and tried to check and fix firedaemon but it would not disappear. So I went into the windows explorer, did a search for firedaemon and deleted the entry in the prefetch as well as in C:\windows\security. While I was in that subdirectory I also deleted any instances of winsecure that I could find.

I have also gone into the registry and deleted the folder that contained the firedaemon instance. It was under HKEY_current_user/software/ (and some folder named after some company....it sounded like a slimey virus making company....definitely didn't look like something I shouldn't have deleted).

As I just registered for this site, I also followed the instructions and have run Stinger and cleanmgr.

First, here is the ewido log:

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido anti-malware - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 2:33:00 PM, 2/23/2006
+ Report-Checksum: BF83DE5D

+ Scan result:

C:\WINDOWS\security\logs\nc.exe -> Not-A-Virus.RemoteAdmin.Win32.NetCat.110 : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\security\weblog32.exe -> Backdoor.Iroffer.1227 : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\security\winsecure.exe -> Backdoor.Iroffer.1227 : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

Here is my latest Hijackthis log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:59:37 PM, on 2/23/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ALCWZRD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ALCMTR.EXE
C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\G001-1.0.25.0\gnotify.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\dvd43\dvd43_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DoScan.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\acrobat_sl.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\rapimgr.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Sascha\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAudPropShortcut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcWzrd] ALCWZRD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\G001-1.0.25.0\gnotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Version Cue CS2] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS2\ControlPanel\VersionCueCS2Tray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 7.0] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools-1033] "C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dvd43] C:\Program Files\dvd43\dvd43_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ATI CATALYST System Tray.lnk = C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe
O4 - Global Startup: RAID Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\ITE\ITE IT8212 ATA RAID Controller\RaidMgr.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite... - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=48835
O16 - DPF: {4C39376E-FA9D-4349-BACC-D305C1750EF3} (EPUImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/wl/activex/eB...l_v1-0-3-36.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1128850386437
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\NavLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe Version Cue CS2 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS2\bin\VersionCueCS2.exe" -win32service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: FireDaemon Service: winsecure (winsecure) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\security\FireDaemon.exe (file missing)

As firedaemon is still showing up, I have a feeling that it is still lingering somewhere, waiting to catch me with my pants down. JK.

Any help / recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

SaschaMSC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:05 AM

You were hacked. So bear that in mind that they may have done stuff that I will not be able to see. Reinstall may be the safest solution but not the easiest. For the easiest solution, I can help you clean up anything that is possible to see from my end.

If this is fine with you let me know and I will give you instructions.

#3 SaschaMSC

SaschaMSC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 09:19 AM

Lawrence,

What exactly does that mean, I was hacked? Does that mean someone was fishing through my computer and files? I'm not sure what exactly they would want on my computer if thats what that means. Do you think I was hacked b/c of the guest account?
I'm familiar with how to reformat and luckily I keep most of my important files on different partitions than from the C drive.
I 'm definitely interested in the "easiest solution" that you can help me with from your end. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for the quick reply.
Also, now that I have set up zonealarm and deleted some of those files, am I safe (safer)?

Sascha

#4 SaschaMSC

SaschaMSC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 09:26 AM

If I decide to reformat, is it possible that my other partitions have been compromised and even though I'm putting a fresh copy of windows on C it won't matter b/c there could be backdoors in my other partitions?

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:45 AM

Firedaemon, the iroffer, and a new computer account is usually related to someone hacking your computer. They were not looking for anything particular other than place to store files and distribute them from.

I would not be too concerned about anything being left behind on the other partitions as they wont run automatically anymore. Remember for a program to affect you it has to start somehow. By reinstall Windows any orphan programs wont have the ability to startup automatically any more.

A firewall and good antivirus software will definitely help. If you want I can prob clean it up good enough, but had to give that warning.

#6 SaschaMSC

SaschaMSC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:51 PM

Let's try your method.

Tell me what I need to do.

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:56 PM

Click on start then run and type cmd and press enter. At the cmd prompt type:

sc delete winsecure

and press enter.

Type exit and press enter and then reboot.

Now open c:\windows\security and tell me what files you have in there.

#8 SaschaMSC

SaschaMSC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:10 PM

THere is nothing to type exit on.....after sc delete winsecure, I see a black cmd prompt open and close quickly. I've done this twice to make sure....do you want me to just restart and look in windows/security?

#9 SaschaMSC

SaschaMSC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:02 PM

Lawrence,

I restarted the computer even though I didn't have the opportunity to type exit on any prompt. Here's what we are looking at in the windows/security folder.

BugSlayerUtil.dll
cache.001
cache.001.bkup
cache.001.txt
cache.002
cache.003
cache.004
cache.004.bkup
cache.004.tmp
cache.005
cygwin1.dll
[Database]
libeay32.dll
libxml2.dll
[logs]
msagent.xml
msconf.exe
netclient.xml
netconfig.dll
ssleay32.dll
SvcAdmin.dll
sysproc.dll
[templates]
20 File(s) 2,500,553 bytes
3 Dir(s) 20,846,108,672 bytes free

Standing by. Thanks again for your time.

#10 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:26 PM

Download this program:

submit files packer

Highlight the files listed below in bold and right-click and selecting copy.

cygwin1.dll
libeay32.dll
libxml2.dll
msconf.exe
ssleay32.dll
netconfig.dll
sysproc.dll
netclient.xml
SvcAdmin.dll
BugSlayerUtil.dll
msagent.xml

Then start the file packer program and right click in the white box and select paste to paste the copied file names in the field.

Then press the Continue button.

I will create an archive with these files and a small log on your Desktop that starts with a name like requested-file[date].cab.

Rename this file to yourmembername.cab (for example grinler.cab).

Then go to:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php
and fill in the required fields and browse to this file on your desktop. Finally click on the Send File button.

#11 SaschaMSC

SaschaMSC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:12 PM

File sent. Standing by.

#12 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:26 PM

Delete all these files in the C:\Windows\Security folder:

cygwin1.dll
libeay32.dll
libxml2.dll
msconf.exe
ssleay32.dll
netconfig.dll
sysproc.dll
netclient.xml
SvcAdmin.dll
BugSlayerUtil.dll
msagent.xml

#13 SaschaMSC

SaschaMSC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:09 AM

All deleted....recycle bin emptied. What's next?

#14 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:43 PM

Download Silentrunners.zip from:

http://www.silentrunners.org/

Run the SilentRunners.vbs file. If your antivirus has a script blocker, you will get a warning asking if you want to allow SilentRunners.vbs to run. It might say something like "Malicious Script Warning". This script is not malicious so you are safe in allowing it to run. When it asks if you want to skip the supplemental search tests, press the No button.

When it has finished it will produce a Startup Programs text file. Copy and paste that text file here in your next reply.

#15 SaschaMSC

SaschaMSC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:11 PM

Sorry, I pasted text prematurely, it wasn't completely finished.
Here's all of it.

"Silent Runners.vbs", revision 43, http://www.silentrunners.org/
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Output limited to non-default values, except where indicated by "{++}"

Startup items buried in registry:
---------------------------------

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"H/PC Connection Agent" = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe"" [MS]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"ATIPTA" = "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe" ["ATI Technologies, Inc."]
"(Default)" = (empty string)
"ATICCC" = ""C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime" [null data]
"High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut" = "HDAudPropShortcut.exe" ["Windows ® Server 2003 DDK provider"]
"SoundMan" = "SOUNDMAN.EXE" ["Realtek Semiconductor Corp."]
"AlcWzrd" = "ALCWZRD.EXE" ["RealTek Semicoductor Corp."]
"Alcmtr" = "ALCMTR.EXE" ["Realtek Semiconductor Corp."]
"{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}" = "C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\G001-1.0.25.0\gnotify.exe" ["Google Inc."]
"SunJavaUpdateSched" = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
"ccApp" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"vptray" = "C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"Adobe Version Cue CS2" = ""C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS2\ControlPanel\VersionCueCS2Tray.exe"" ["Adobe Sytems Incorporated"]
"Acrobat Assistant 7.0" = ""C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe"" ["Adobe Systems Inc."]
"NeroFilterCheck" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe" ["Ahead Software Gmbh"]
"DAEMON Tools-1033" = ""C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033" ["DAEMON'S HOME"]
"dvd43" = "C:\Program Files\dvd43\dvd43_tray.exe" [empty string]
"iTunesHelper" = ""C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
"QuickTime Task" = ""C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
"Zone Labs Client" = ""C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"" ["Zone Labs Inc."]
"Windows Defender" = ""C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide" [MS]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}\(Default) = "AcroIEHlprObj Class" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated"]
{761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}\(Default) = "SSVHelper Class" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]
{AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7}\(Default) = "Google Toolbar Helper" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll" ["Google Inc."]
{AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910}\(Default) = "AcroIEToolbarHelper Class" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated"]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\
"{42071714-76d4-11d1-8b24-00a0c9068ff3}" = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "deskpan.dll" [file not found]
"{88895560-9AA2-1069-930E-00AA0030EBC8}" = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\hticons.dll" ["Hilgraeve, Inc."]
"{5E2121EE-0300-11D4-8D3B-444553540000}" = "Catalyst Context Menu extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\atiacmxx.dll" [empty string]
"{B41DB860-8EE4-11D2-9906-E49FADC173CA}" = "WinRAR shell extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\rarext.dll" [null data]
"{00020D75-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" = "Microsoft Office Outlook Desktop Icon Handler"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\MLSHEXT.DLL" [MS]
"{0006F045-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" = "Microsoft Office Outlook Custom Icon Handler"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\OLKFSTUB.DLL" [MS]
"{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}" = "Microsoft Office HTML Icon Handler"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\msohev.dll" [MS]
"{B9E1D2CB-CCFF-4AA6-9579-D7A4754030EF}" = "iTunes"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesMiniPlayer.dll" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
"{BDA77241-42F6-11d0-85E2-00AA001FE28C}" = "LDVP Shell Extensions"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SSC\vpshell2.dll" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"{D25B2CAB-8A9A-4517-A9B2-CB5F68A5A802}" = "Adobe.Acrobat.ContextMenu"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat Elements\ContextMenu.dll" ["Adobe Systems Inc."]
"{32020A01-506E-484D-A2A8-BE3CF17601C3}" = "AlcoholShellEx"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\ALCOHO~1\ALCOHO~1\AXShlEx.dll" ["Alcohol Soft Development Team"]
"{8f7261d0-d2b9-11d2-9909-00605205b24c}" = "CuteFTP Shell Extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\CuteShell.dll" [empty string]
"{21569614-B795-46b1-85F4-E737A8DC09AD}" = "Shell Search Band"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll" [MS]
"{e57ce731-33e8-4c51-8354-bb4de9d215d1}" = "Universal Plug and Play Devices"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\upnpui.dll" [MS]
"{49BF5420-FA7F-11cf-8011-00A0C90A8F78}" = "Mobile Device"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Wcesview.dll" [MS]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\
INFECTION WARNING! "{091EB208-39DD-417D-A5DD-7E2C2D8FB9CB}" = "Microsoft AntiMalware ShellExecuteHook"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\WIFD1F~1\MpShHook.dll" [MS]
INFECTION WARNING! "{54D9498B-CF93-414F-8984-8CE7FDE0D391}" = "ewido shell guard"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\shellhook.dll" ["TODO: <Firmenname>"]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\
INFECTION WARNING! AtiExtEvent\DLLName = "Ati2evxx.dll" ["ATI Technologies Inc."]
INFECTION WARNING! NavLogon\DLLName = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\NavLogon.dll" ["Symantec Corporation"]

HKLM\Software\Classes\PROTOCOLS\Filter\
INFECTION WARNING! text/xml\CLSID = "{807553E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11\MSOXMLMF.DLL" [MS]

HKLM\Software\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
Adobe.Acrobat.ContextMenu\(Default) = "{D25B2CAB-8A9A-4517-A9B2-CB5F68A5A802}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat Elements\ContextMenu.dll" ["Adobe Systems Inc."]
CuteFTP\(Default) = "{8f7261d0-d2b9-11d2-9909-00605205b24c}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\CuteShell.dll" [empty string]
LDVPMenu\(Default) = "{BDA77241-42F6-11d0-85E2-00AA001FE28C}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SSC\vpshell2.dll" ["Symantec Corporation"]
WinRAR\(Default) = "{B41DB860-8EE4-11D2-9906-E49FADC173CA}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\rarext.dll" [null data]

HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
CuteFTP\(Default) = "{8f7261d0-d2b9-11d2-9909-00605205b24c}"

HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
LDVPMenu\(Default) = "{BDA77241-42F6-11d0-85E2-00AA001FE28C}"

Active Desktop and Wallpaper:
-----------------------------

Active Desktop is disabled at this entry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellState

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
"Wallpaper" = "C:\WINDOWS\web\wallpaper\Bliss.bmp"

Startup items in "Sascha" & "All Users" startup folders:
--------------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
"Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher" -> shortcut to: "C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{AC76BA86-1033-0000-7760-000000000002}\SC_Acrobat.exe" [null data]
"Adobe Gamma" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe" ["Adobe Systems, Inc."]
"ATI CATALYST System Tray" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe SystemTray" [null data]
"RAID Manager" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\ITE\ITE IT8212 ATA RAID Controller\RaidMgr.exe" ["Integrated Technology Express, Inc."]

Enabled Scheduled Tasks:
------------------------

"MP Scheduled Scan" -> launches: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe Scan -ScanType config -Privileges restricted" [MS]

Winsock2 Service Provider DLLs:
-------------------------------

Namespace Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
000000000001\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]
000000000002\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\winrnr.dll" [MS]
000000000003\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]

Transport Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
0000000000##\PackedCatalogItem (contains) DLL [Company Name], (at) ## range:
%SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll [MS], 01 - 03, 06 - 11
%SystemRoot%\system32\rsvpsp.dll [MS], 04 - 05

Toolbars, Explorer Bars, Extensions:
------------------------------------

Toolbars

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\
"{2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}" = "&Google" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll" ["Google Inc."]

"{47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93}" = "Adobe PDF" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated"]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\
"{47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93}" = "Adobe PDF" [from CLSID]

"{2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}" = "&Google" [from CLSID]

Explorer Bars

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\
{182EC0BE-5110-49C8-A062-BEB1D02A220B}\ = "Adobe PDF" [from CLSID]

Dormant Explorer Bars in "View, Explorer Bar" menu

HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503}\ = "&Research"
Implemented Categories\{00021493-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\ [vertical bar]
InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL" [MS]

Extensions (Tools menu items, main toolbar menu buttons)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\
{08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501}\
"MenuText" = "Sun Java Console"
"CLSIDExtension" = "{CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0006-ABCDEFFEDCBC}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll" ["Sun Microsystems, Inc."]

{2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F}\
"ButtonText" = "Create Mobile Favorite"
"CLSIDExtension" = "{2EAF5BB0-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\INetRepl.dll" [MS]

{2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F}\
"MenuText" = "Create Mobile Favorite..."
"CLSIDExtension" = "{2EAF5BB0-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\INetRepl.dll" [MS]

{92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263}\
"ButtonText" = "Research"

{FB5F1910-F110-11D2-BB9E-00C04F795683}\
"ButtonText" = "Messenger"
"MenuText" = "Windows Messenger"
"Exec" = "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [MS]

Running Services (Display Name, Service Name, Path {Service DLL}):
------------------------------------------------------------------

Ati HotKey Poller, Ati HotKey Poller, "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe" ["ATI Technologies Inc."]
ewido security suite control, ewido security suite control, "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe" ["ewido networks"]
HTTP SSL, HTTPFilter, "C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter" {"C:\WINDOWS\System32\w3ssl.dll" [MS]}
iPodService, iPodService, "C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
Symantec AntiVirus, Symantec AntiVirus, ""C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher, DefWatch, ""C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec Event Manager, ccEvtMgr, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec Settings Manager, ccSetMgr, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
TrueVector Internet Monitor, vsmon, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe -service" ["Zone Labs Inc."]
Windows Defender Service, WinDefend, ""C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe"" [MS]

Print Monitors:
---------------

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\
Adobe PDF Port\Driver = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\AdobePDF.dll" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated."]
Microsoft Document Imaging Writer Monitor\Driver = "mdimon.dll" [MS]

----------
+ This report excludes default entries except where indicated.
+ To see *everywhere* the script checks and *everything* it finds,
launch it from a command prompt or a shortcut with the -all parameter.
+ The search for DESKTOP.INI DLL launch points on all local fixed drives
took 338 seconds.
+ The search for all Registry CLSIDs containing dormant Explorer Bars
took 8 seconds.
---------- (total run time: 382 seconds)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users