Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing documents from desktop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lmcurry

lmcurry

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Hi,

We recently installed freeraser and then went to quickly unistall it. When it was uninstalling it started to delete all of my documents very quickly (these documents were on my desktop and had not been sent to the freeraser icon). I went to my desktop and all of those files were gone. I went through a few different areas, found the shortcuts but they said the files had been moved. I tried system restore and have had no luck. I used unhide.exe and still nothing. I have found though that in my username file, I show a few "desktop" folders with (#) next to it. One is desktop(17) one is desktop(87). When I click to open these folders, I am only able to see maybe 1/4 of the number of files within the (..)

I am really worried, obviously, because i am in school and most of these missing files and documents I needed for Monday. Additionally, I am missing the files that had our past 3 years of tax records in them.

Please, anything you can suggest to help me out would be amazing.

Thank you so much,

Laura

I forgot to mention about system restore:
All my restore points but two were gone originally. I have it set up to create restore points daily. I looked 2 hours ago, and there were two points - one from midnight, and the other from right when the uninstall happened. I tried restore, then I undid restore. I look now, and the only restore point I have is from the undo restore point

Edited by lmcurry, 15 April 2012 - 09:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lmcurry

lmcurry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

I forgot to mention about system restore:
All my restore points but two were gone originally. I have it set up to create restore points daily. I looked 2 hours ago, and there were two points - one from midnight, and the other from right when the uninstall happened. I tried restore, then I undid restore. I look now, and the only restore point I have is from the undo restore point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users