Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I Infected?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 buck65

buck65

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:10 AM

Hi, my computer is really really slow! I think I'm infected with something. I ran the scans and did what they said but it's stil very sluggish, but it wasn't afew days ago. I'm not sure what's happening. Can someone please tell me, am I infected? Thanks in advance.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:39:46 AM, on 2/23/06
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Windows folder: C:\WINDOWS
System folder: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
Hosts file: C:\WINDOWS\hosts

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHSERV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHWEBSV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCSS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\REAL\UPDATE_OB\REALSCHED.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GIANT COMPANY SOFTWARE\GIANT ANTISPYWARE\GCASDTSERV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GIANT COMPANY SOFTWARE\GIANT ANTISPYWARE\GCASSERV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\EFFICIENT NETWORKS\ENTERNET 300\APP\ENTERNET.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,First Home Page = http://www.savewealth.com/support/ie6/complete/
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast! Web Scanner] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\AVAST4\ASHWEBSV.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\GIANT Company Software\GIANT AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [$EnterNet] C:\PROGRAM FILES\EFFICIENT NETWORKS\ENTERNET 300\APP\EnterNet.exe -AutoStart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [avast!] C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\JAVA\JRE1.5.0_06\BIN\SSV.DLL
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\JAVA\JRE1.5.0_06\BIN\SSV.DLL
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.savewealth.com

Edited by buck65, 23 February 2006 - 01:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:05 PM

Hello buck65 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. Computer performance problems might or might not be related to malware. In this case, I see no signs of viruses or malware in the HijackThis log. It is clean.

I would suggest posting a question in the Windows 98 forum and see what those experts have to say. They can help with non-malware related issues.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

#3 buck65

buck65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:07 PM

Thanx alot OldTimer I appreciate your help.I think I've norrowed the sluggishness problem down to the fact that I have no external cache installed but is reporting that I have 256k available for it. Do you know anything about this stuff? If not thanx alot for your time.

#4 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:08 PM

Hi buck65. If it wasn't a problem a few days ago then it probably isn't a cache issue. If the problem is limited to internet activities then it might just be your ISP is having problems at their end. Check with them. Otherwise try the 98 forum and see what they have to say. They can have you check various settings and see what is what.

Since this doesn't appear to be a malware issue I will close this topic. If you have any new issues in the future please start a new topic.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users