Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"webpage has expired" error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PsychoScrilz

PsychoScrilz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Hello, i've just built a brand new computer. Everything has been working fine except the web browser has been acting weird. I use google chrome, which is updated. Everytime I start my computer upon sleep mode and start up the browser, it reads that it cannot find the webpage "webpage has expired" or "Oops, Google Chrome could not find www.*****.com". So what I do is keep reloading the webpage for 2-5 minutes and eventually the webpage will load. From there on, if I continue browsing, it will work just fine besides being slower than usual. If I leave for an hour and come back, the same bullcrap happens. AVG didn't find any virus, I ran AVG PC tuneup to clean it up a little. I tried everything, so I am starting to think it may be a Spy Ware that AVG can't find.... Should i send a Hijackthis log?

Thanks forum

Edited by PsychoScrilz, 14 April 2012 - 07:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alexsmith2709

alexsmith2709

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Is it just websites or your actual network that disconnects?
If its the network, check in the adapter settings to see if its set to "allows windows to turn off this device to save power". If that is ticked, untick it and you should be ok

#3 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hello, i've just built a brand new computer. Everything has been working fine except the web browser has been acting weird. I use google chrome, which is updated. Everytime I start my computer upon sleep mode and start up the browser, it reads that it cannot find the webpage "webpage has expired" or "Oops, Google Chrome could not find www.*****.com". So what I do is keep reloading the webpage for 2-5 minutes and eventually the webpage will load. From there on, if I continue browsing, it will work just fine besides being slower than usual. If I leave for an hour and come back, the same bullcrap happens. AVG didn't find any virus, I ran AVG PC tuneup to clean it up a little. I tried everything, so I am starting to think it may be a Spy Ware that AVG can't find.... Should i send a Hijackthis log?

Thanks forum

Clear your browser cache. Practically all browsers cache the last eight pages you visited which supposedly speeds up page loading since only those elements which have changed will be downloaded directly from the server, or so the theory goes. Here's how to do it: http://www.technipages.com/google-chrome-clear-cache.html

Personally though, I find that disabling the cache altogether is a much better option especially if you've got a fast connection.

Other than that though, resuming from sleep mode on a Windows 7 machine has been problematical from the word go and Microsoft continues to release patches to address the issue. Check in the Windows Update menu for "Optional updates" which aren't installed by default even if you have "Automatic Updates" enabled.

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

or ,just shut down the browser when you finish with it,instead of leaving it on while the computer is in sleep mode ,and as it already been said sleep mode sucks and has since winxp ,best choice is to just leave computer run ,setting power option to turn off the monitor after so m any minutes ,and if its a laptop ,plug it in

Edited by caperjac, 14 April 2012 - 03:15 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#5 PsychoScrilz

PsychoScrilz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

The internet connection is fine. The signal is strong and I don't run wireless. Ever since I quit running the browser after sleep mode the browser has worked like a charm. I deleted the cache too, and again, everything is running perfectly smooth.

thanks forum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users