Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kimbower

kimbower

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

Hello to you.
I would like to know how I can resolve the following issue,please.I'm using two each laptops on a home network (DSL/Roadrunner)along with some gaming systems. One computer is hardwired into the router and one is used wireless. Someone has managed to penetrate the wireless network and use my computer resources and connection to terrorize and invade my privacy. I know who the person is and have asked them to stop to no avail. I have little knowledge and little time to educate myself, so I'm asking for help to re-gain control over my equipment and OS,(Windows 7 Home Premium)if possible. I believe this happened when I unknowingly connected my laptop to an unsecured wireless network at my employers office.I was led to believe the network was secure. The person who is doing this is someone I work with and am desperate to stop the harassment. I had a shop wipe,reformat,re-install OS and within a few hours the same issues began again. Anti-virus and malaware programs do not find a virus when scanned. Would you please advise me of any remedies I can take to combat this issue? The issues I'm experiencing beyond the obvious lack of privacy and security are random denial of internet connectivity,social website postings I don't make, email password changes I don't facilitate and more. I appreciate any assistance you can lend.
Thank you for your consideration.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alexsmith2709

alexsmith2709

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Have you tried changing the router password, your wireless key and all passwords used on the internet?

#3 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

I would suggest the same as alexsmith. You can usually access the router setup by typing "http://192.168.1.1" (without quotes) into your browser's address bar and then hit Enter. On some routers, Thompson for example, you have to type: "http://192.168.1.254" to access the setup menu.

Here's a list of routers in case you don't have either a Linksys router which you can access with 192.168.1.1 or a Thomson: http://community.plus.net/library/hardware/router-manufacturers/

If the router has been compromised and you cannot access it because the default password (which is blank) doesn't work, then you can use the Hard Reset button to restore factory defaults. However, you'll have to reconfigure your home network again afterwards.

Edited by Xircal, 14 April 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#4 kimbower

kimbower
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Thank you for the response. The short answer is Yes. I have done this on my own and with the assistance of C/S rep with cable company who supplies the service and equipment. Several times. This morning I was unable to connect to the router log in page to check on my settings and to look at logs and was denied access. I believe whether through a virus or physical access to my laptop, I'm no longer am the administrator of my computer or settings.There are unknown accounts,default accounts which deny me access to files and folders. There are misc. logs like:

[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:29 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe]
======================
APSDaemon.exe begins
======================
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] parent process: 5692 "explorer.exe"
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] main thread 416
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] command line: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] AMDAPPSDKROOT=C:\Program Files\AMD APP\
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] APPDATA=C:\Users\MOM\AppData\Roaming
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] asl.log=Destination=file
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] CLASSPATH=.;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] COMPUTERNAME=MOM-PC
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] ComSpec=C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] HOMEDRIVE=C:
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] HOMEPATH=\Users\MOM
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\MOM\AppData\Local
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] LOGONSERVER=\\MOM-PC
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] OS=Windows_NT
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] Path=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files\AMD APP\bin\x86;C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\windows\System32\Wbem;C:\windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 17 Model 3 Stepping 1, AuthenticAMD
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] PROCESSOR_LEVEL=17
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] PROCESSOR_REVISION=0301
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] ProgramData=C:\ProgramData
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] PSModulePath=C:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] QTJAVA=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] SESSIONNAME=Console
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] SystemDrive=C:
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] SystemRoot=C:\windows
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] TEMP=C:\Users\MOM\AppData\Local\Temp
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] TMP=C:\Users\MOM\AppData\Local\Temp
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] USERDOMAIN=MOM-PC
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] USERNAME=MOM
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] USERPROFILE=C:\Users\MOM
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:30 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe] windir=C:\windows
[5528 @ Sat Mar 24 05:50:36 2012] [YSLoader APSDaemon.exe]
====================
APSDaemon.exe ends
====================
and
MZ   @  !L!This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

$ uEEELlDLl
DRichE PE L ^[J !  D           `    @       B .rsrc P  D  @ @    ( @  X    p                   =  DO    M U I   W;ВK_Q{$sækWm۲8   M U I  e n - U S  ' q'  s' ' `1 

D i s p l a y s p r o t o c o l s t a t i s t i c s a n d c u r r e n t T C P / I P n e t w o r k c o n n e c t i o n s .

N E T S T A T [ - a ] [ - b ] [ - e ] [ - f ] [ - n ] [ - o ] [ - p p r o t o ] [ - r ] [ - s ] [ - t ] [ i n t e r v a l ]

- a D i s p l a y s a l l c o n n e c t i o n s a n d l i s t e n i n g p o r t s .

- b D i s p l a y s t h e e x e c u t a b l e i n v o l v e d i n c r e a t i n g e a c h c o n n e c t i o n o r

l i s t e n i n g p o r t . I n s o m e c a s e s w e l l - k n o w n e x e c u t a b l e s h o s t

m u l t i p l e i n d e p e n d e n t c o m p o n e n t s , a n d i n t h e s e c a s e s t h e

s e q u e n c e o f c o m p o n e n t s i n v o l v e d i n c r e a t i n g t h e c o n n e c t i o n

o r l i s t e n i n g p o r t i s d i s p l a y e d . I n t h i s c a s e t h e e x e c u t a b l e

n a m e i s i n [ ] a t t h e b o t t o m , o n t o p i s t h e c o m p o n e n t i t c a l l e d ,

a n d s o f o r t h u n t i l T C P / I P w a s r e a c h e d . N o t e t h a t t h i s o p t i o n

c a n b e t i m e - c o n s u m i n g a n d w i l l f a i l u n l e s s y o u h a v e s u f f i c i e n t

p e r m i s s i o n s .

- e D i s p l a y s E t h e r n e t s t a t i s t i c s . T h i s m a y b e c o m b i n e d w i t h t h e - s

o p t i o n .

- f D i s p l a y s F u l l y Q u a l i f i e d D o m a i n N a m e s ( F Q D N ) f o r f o r e i g n

a d d r e s s e s .

- n D i s p l a y s a d d r e s s e s a n d p o r t n u m b e r s i n n u m e r i c a l f o r m .

- o D i s p l a y s t h e o w n i n g p r o c e s s I D a s s o c i a t e d w i t h e a c h c o n n e c t i o n .

- p p r o t o S h o w s c o n n e c t i o n s f o r t h e p r o t o c o l s p e c i f i e d b y p r o t o ; p r o t o

m a y b e a n y o f : T C P , U D P , T C P v 6 , o r U D P v 6 . I f u s e d w i t h t h e - s

o p t i o n t o d i s p l a y p e r - p r o t o c o l s t a t i s t i c s , p r o t o m a y b e a n y o f :

I P , I P v 6 , I C M P , I C M P v 6 , T C P , T C P v 6 , U D P , o r U D P v 6 .

- r D i s p l a y s t h e r o u t i n g t a b l e .

- s D i s p l a y s p e r - p r o t o c o l s t a t i s t i c s . B y d e f a u l t , s t a t i s t i c s a r e

s h o w n f o r I P , I P v 6 , I C M P , I C M P v 6 , T C P , T C P v 6 , U D P , a n d U D P v 6 ;

t h e - p o p t i o n m a y b e u s e d t o s p e c i f y a s u b s e t o f t h e d e f a u l t .

- t D i s p l a y s t h e c u r r e n t c o n n e c t i o n o f f l o a d s t a t e .

i n t e r v a l R e d i s p l a y s s e l e c t e d s t a t i s t i c s , p a u s i n g i n t e r v a l s e c o n d s

b e t w e e n e a c h d i s p l a y . P r e s s C T R L + C t o s t o p r e d i s p l a y i n g

s t a t i s t i c s . I f o m i t t e d , n e t s t a t w i l l p r i n t t h e c u r r e n t

c o n f i g u r a t i o n i n f o r m a t i o n o n c e .

8  % 1 : b a d I P a d d r e s s : % 2

4  % 1 : b a d a r g u m e n t : % 2

I n t e r n e t A d d r e s s P h y s i c a l A d d r e s s T y p e L i f e

4  % 1 : n o t e n o u g h m e m o r y

l  % 1 : W i n d o w s S o c k e t s i n i t i a l i z a t i o n f a i l e d : % 2 ! u !

T  % 1 : c a n ' t l o a d D L L : % 2 , e r r o r = % 3 ! u !

<  % 1 : D L L e r r o r % 3 ! u ! i n % 2

I n t e r f a c e S t a t i s t i c s

R e c e i v e d S e n t

T  B y t e s % 1 ! 1 4 u ! % 2 ! 1 4 u !

T  U n i c a s t p a c k e t s % 1 ! 1 4 u ! % 2 ! 1 4 u !

T  N o n - u n i c a s t p a c k e t s % 1 ! 1 4 u ! % 2 ! 1 4 u !

T  D i s c a r d s % 1 ! 1 4 u ! % 2 ! 1 4 u !

T  E r r o r s % 1 ! 1 4 u ! % 2 ! 1 4 u !

D  U n k n o w n p r o t o c o l s % 1 ! 1 4 u !

T 

I n t e r f a c e I n d e x = % 1 ! u !

H  D e s c r i p t i o n = % 1

P  T y p e = % 1 ! u !

P  M t u = % 1 ! u !

P  S p e e d = % 1 ! u !

H  P h y s i c a l A d d r e s s = % 1

P  A d m i n i s t r a t i v e S t a t u s = % 1 ! u !

P  O p e r a t i o n a l S t a t u s = % 1 ! u !

P  L a s t C h a n g e d = % 1 ! u !

P  O u t p u t Q u e u e L e n g t h = % 1 ! u !

% 1 ! s ! S t a t i s t i c s

d  P a c k e t s R e c e i v e d = % 1 ! u !

d  R e c e i v e d H e a d e r E r r o r s = % 1 ! u !

d  R e c e i v e d A d d r e s s E r r o r s = % 1 ! u !

d  D a t a g r a m s F o r w a r d e d = % 1 ! u !

d  U n k n o w n P r o t o c o l s R e c e i v e d = % 1 ! u !

d  R e c e i v e d P a c k e t s D i s c a r d e d = % 1 ! u !

d  R e c e i v e d P a c k e t s D e l i v e r e d = % 1 ! u !

d  O u t p u t R e q u e s t s = % 1 ! u !

d  R o u t i n g D i s c a r d s = % 1 ! u !

d  D i s c a r d e d O u t p u t P a c k e t s = % 1 ! u !

d  O u t p u t P a c k e t N o R o u t e = % 1 ! u !

d  R e a s s e m b l y R e q u i r e d = % 1 ! u !

d  R e a s s e m b l y S u c c e s s f u l = % 1 ! u !

d  R e a s s e m b l y F a i l u r e s = % 1 ! u !

d  D a t a g r a m s S u c c e s s f u l l y F r a g m e n t e d = % 1 ! u !

d  D a t a g r a m s F a i l i n g F r a g m e n t a t i o n = % 1 ! u !

d  F r a g m e n t s C r e a t e d = % 1 ! u !

d  F o r w a r d i n g = % 1 ! u !

d  D e f a u l t T i m e - T o - L i v e = % 1 ! u !

d  R e a s s e m b l y T i m e o u t = % 1 ! u !

D 

T C P S t a t i s t i c s f o r % 1 ! s !

d  A c t i v e O p e n s = % 1 ! u !

d  P a s s i v e O p e n s = % 1 ! u !

d  F a i l e d C o n n e c t i o n A t t e m p t s = % 1 ! u !

d  R e s e t C o n n e c t i o n s = % 1 ! u !

d  C u r r e n t C o n n e c t i o n s = % 1 ! u !

d  S e g m e n t s R e c e i v e d = % 1 ! u !

d  S e g m e n t s S e n t = % 1 ! u !

d  S e g m e n t s R e t r a n s m i t t e d = % 1 ! u !

l  R e t r a n s m i s s i o n T i m e o u t A l g o r i t h m = o t h e r ( 1 )

t  R e t r a n s m i s s i o n T i m e o u t A l g o r i t h m = c o n s t a n t ( 2 )

l  R e t r a n s m i s s i o n T i m e o u t A l g o r i t h m = r s r e ( 3 )

l  R e t r a n s m i s s i o n T i m e o u t A l g o r i t h m = v a n j ( 4 )

x  R e t r a n s m i s s i o n T i m e o u t A l g o r i t h m = u n k n o w n ( % 1 ! u ! )

d  M i n i m u m R e t r a n s m i s s i o n T i m e o u t = % 1 ! u !

d  M a x i m u m R e t r a n s m i s s i o n T i m e o u t = % 1 ! u !

d  M a x i m u m N u m b e r o f C o n n e c t i o n s = % 1 ! u !

A c t i v e C o n n e c t i o n s

P r o t o L o c a l A d d r e s s F o r e i g n A d d r e s s S t a t e

L  % 1 ! - 5 s ! % 2 ! - 2 1 s ! % 3 ! - 2 1 s ! % 4

C L O S E D % 0

L I S T E N I N G % 0

S Y N _ S E N T % 0

(  S Y N _ R E C E I V E D % 0

$  E S T A B L I S H E D % 0

$  F I N _ W A I T _ 1 % 0

$  F I N _ W A I T _ 2 % 0

$  C L O S E _ W A I T % 0

C L O S I N G % 0

L A S T _ A C K % 0

T I M E _ W A I T % 0

T C P % 0

U D P % 0

* : * % 0

D 

U D P S t a t i s t i c s f o r % 1 ! s !

H  D a t a g r a m s R e c e i v e d = % 1 ! u !

H  N o P o r t s = % 1 ! u !

H  R e c e i v e E r r o r s = % 1 ! u !

H  D a t a g r a m s S e n t = % 1 ! u !

I C M P v 4 S t a t i s t i c s

R e c e i v e d S e n t

h  M e s s a g e s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  E r r o r s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  D e s t i n a t i o n U n r e a c h a b l e % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  T i m e E x c e e d e d % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  P a r a m e t e r P r o b l e m s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  S o u r c e Q u e n c h e s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  R e d i r e c t s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  E c h o s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  E c h o R e p l i e s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  T i m e s t a m p s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  T i m e s t a m p R e p l i e s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  A d d r e s s M a s k s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  A d d r e s s M a s k R e p l i e s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

`  T h e i n t e r f a c e i n i t i a l i z a t i o n f a i l e d : % 1 ! u !

D  F a i l e d t o o p e n h a n d l e t o T C P

C o n n e c t i o n L i m i t T a b l e

I P A d d r e s s T i m e R e m a i n i n g ( S e c s )

L  I n U s e % 1 ! 4 u ! A v a i l a b l e % 2 ! 4 u !

U n a b l e t o a l l o c a t e m e m o r y f o r C o n n e c t i o n L i m i t Q u e r y B u f f e r

P r o t o L o c a l A d d r e s s F o r e i g n A d d r e s s S t a t e P I D

l  % 1 ! - 5 s ! % 2 ! - 2 1 s ! % 3 ! - 2 1 s ! % 4 ! - 1 2 s ! % 5 ! u !

I P v 4 % 0

I P v 6 % 0

h  P a c k e t T o o B i g % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  M L D Q u e r i e s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  M L D R e p o r t s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  M L D D o n e s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  R o u t e r S o l i c i t a t i o n s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  R o u t e r A d v e r t i s e m e n t s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  N e i g h b o r S o l i c i t a t i o n s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  N e i g h b o r A d v e r t i s e m e n t s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

h  R o u t e r R e n u m b e r i n g s % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

p  T y p e % 1 ! - 3 u ! % 1 ! - 1 0 u ! % 2 ! - 1 0 u !

I C M P v 6 S t a t i s t i c s

R e c e i v e d S e n t

P r o t o L o c a l A d d r e s s F o r e i g n A d d r e s s S t a t e O f f l o a d S t a t e

p  % 1 ! - 5 s ! % 2 ! - 2 1 s ! % 3 ! - 2 1 s ! % 4 ! - 1 2 s ! % 5 ! - 1 2 s !

I n H o s t % 0

$  O f f l o a d i n g % 0

O f f l o a d e d % 0

U p l o a d i n g % 0

P r o t o L o c a l A d d r e s s F o r e i g n A d d r e s s S t a t e P I D O f f l o a d S t a t e

|  % 1 ! - 5 s ! % 2 ! - 2 1 s ! % 3 ! - 2 1 s ! % 4 ! - 1 2 s ! % 5 ! u ! % 6 ! - 1 2 s !

T  C a n n o t o b t a i n o w n e r s h i p i n f o r m a t i o n

[ S y s t e m ]

D  - - u n k n o w n c o m p o n e n t ( s ) - -

% 1 ! s !

[ % 1 ! S ! ]

4 V S _ V E R S I O N _ I N F O     @  @?      S t r i n g F i l e I n f o   0 4 0 9 0 4 B 0 L   C o m p a n y N a m e M i c r o s o f t C o r p o r a t i o n V   F i l e D e s c r i p t i o n T C P / I P N e t s t a t C o m m a n d l &  F i l e V e r s i o n 6 . 1 . 7 6 0 0 . 1 6 3 8 5 ( w i n 7 _ r t m . 0 9 0 7 1 3 - 1 2 5 5 ) 8  I n t e r n a l N a m e n e t s t a t . e x e .  L e g a l C o p y r i g h t M i c r o s o f t C o r p o r a t i o n . A l l r i g h t s r e s e r v e d . H   O r i g i n a l F i l e n a m e n e t s t a t . e x e . m u i j %  P r o d u c t N a m e M i c r o s o f t W i n d o w s O p e r a t i n g S y s t e m B   P r o d u c t V e r s i o n 6 . 1 . 7 6 0 0 . 1 6 3 8 5 D  V a r F i l e I n f o $  T r a n s l a t i o n PADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDINGPADDINGXXPADDING

I obviously did not create this information, and have no idea how or why it is on my computer or it's significance. I have a suspicion of whom is doing this and have asked them to stop but it has not. I believe the computer, O/S is on some virtual network, no longer under my control and with no privacy.
Considering this scenario, is there an approach I should take until I can educate myself further. Can I provide any information here that would confirm my suspicions so I can take appropriate action to protect my privacy, going forward?
I appreciate your consideration.
Thank you.

#5 Fozzies

Fozzies

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

I assume you are using wep as your security for your wifi. change this to wpa/wpa2, as whilst even wpa2 is crackable, its calculated that it would take some 5000 years to actually brute force it. also make your wifi password include numbers and uppercase/lowercase, and avoid words from the dictionary. if you already have wpa2 on, its unlikely you got hacked via it, more likely you caught a virus from the web

You need to post in the infected part of the site for help on virus removal

#6 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:01 AM

Thank you for the response. The short answer is Yes. I have done this on my own and with the assistance of C/S rep with cable company who supplies the service and equipment. Several times. This morning I was unable to connect to the router log in page to check on my settings and to look at logs and was denied access. I believe whether through a virus or physical access to my laptop, I'm no longer am the administrator of my computer or settings.There are unknown accounts,default accounts which deny me access to files and folders. There are misc. logs like:

If you cannot access the router setup menu, try disabling the "Do Not Track" option in the browser settings menu. If you're using Firefox, you find it in the Options | Privacy menu. The "Do Not Track" setting has been known to prevent access to a router.

You can enable the hidden Windows 7 Administrator account by doing the following.

• Click the Start button and then in the Search field, type: "CMD" (without quotes) and hit enter.
  • Right click the link which appears and choose "Run As Administrator" to open a command prompt.
  • At the prompt, type: CD\ and hit Enter to take you to the root.
  • Then type: "net user administrator /active:yes" (without quotes) and hit Enter.
  • Type: Exit and hit Enter to exit the command prompt.
  • Reboot and you'll find "Administrator" as an optional logon. It doesn't have a password by default, so just hit Enter to boot to the desktop.
  • Go to Control Panel | User accounts and delete your existing user account and then create a new one.
  • Do whatever else you feel is necessary and then repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 and type: "net user administrator /active:no" (without quotes) and then hit Enter to disable the Administrator account.
  • Reboot and confirm that the Administrator account has been disabled.

#7 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

How have you determined you are no longer in the Administrator user Group? You should not need Admin privileges to access the router what error/denial message is the router giving you?

Edit: Do you have any Antivirus, or Malware software installed?

Edited by Sneakycyber, 20 April 2012 - 10:02 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users