Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partition Magic Problem!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dregern

dregern

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:43 AM

i have 3 partition in my PC. which is C(15000MB), I(60000MB) and D
i want to resize the I: partition with the C: partition, because the C; is too small,
during the resizing process, it occur a problem says "ERROR#1520 external attribute header mismatch"
now my partition I: are empty but the capacity is still the same and it shows the used space still like before but i couldnt see the files. I have all my important files there..so what could i do to save the file..
PLEASE HELP~!!! S.O.S

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dregern

dregern
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:01 AM

is there other way to save my file except formating the partitions?
argHH...plZ

#3 ianmoone

ianmoone

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:41 AM

Did you have any luck/progress with recovering the lost partition(s)? I got the same error, and now I'm scouring the web for any help. What did you try?

#4 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2006 - 01:34 PM

i have 3 partition in my PC. which is C(15000MB), I(60000MB) and D
i want to resize the I: partition with the C: partition, because the C; is too small,
during the resizing process, it occur a problem says "ERROR#1520 external attribute header mismatch"
now my partition I: are empty but the capacity is still the same and it shows the used space still like before but i couldnt see the files. I have all my important files there..so what could i do to save the file..
PLEASE HELP~!!! S.O.S

Did you make a backup??
The only thing that I can think of off the top of my head would be to run chkdsk since the files seem to be there just not able to see them

Start>Run> CHKDSK I: /f

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...-us/chkdsk.mspx

Edited by River_Rat, 11 March 2006 - 01:40 PM.

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:55 AM

If windows sees the partition and shows the space as being used, but no files are visible, re-assigning a drive letter to it should make the info visible long enough to get your data off it. However, if you check the partition for errors, you'll get the same error. Plan on reformatting when all is said and done.
If it doesn't work, try TestDisk, it's free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users