Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia 6150 LE upgrade to Geforce 6800 PCI-E 16

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rsssmoore

rsssmoore

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

I am doing a memory and graphics card upgrade on an HP Desktop....tech specs are as follows:

HP Pavillion a1747c
Asus A8M2N-LA (NodusM-6L8E) Motherboard(Socket AM2) Nvidia 6150 LE Chipset
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ CPU
4 gb Crucial DDR2 PC2-5300-667mhz
Bestec 300 watt PSU
1 16x DVD/CD RW
250 GB HD 7200rpm
VISTA Premium OS

I have tried everything I know to properly install the graphics card and drivers with no success.

It is an ASUS Geforce 6800 PCI-Ex 16 256 mb...have read alot of material and nothing seems to work.
The fan spins on the card, device manager shows Nvidia 6800(with a problemm) Win error code 43...their is a problem???
All I can figure is that I have pushed the wattage to far....Advice here is appreciated thx Rick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

error 43 is a driver issue most likely, what drivers are you trying to install, the ones that came with the card, or the latest ones youve downloaded? First step is to completly uninstall all NVIDIA drivers currently on the system, and then if you had previously installed the drivers that came with the card, go online and download the latest drivers from nvidias website and install those. If you had installed the latest already, try the drivers from the disc-if both dont work, try to find a earlier released driver then the latest. You could also try reinstalling the chipset drivers for your HP motherboard as it could be a conflict.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users