Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't run RKill for Smart HDD virus, Blue Screens after boot.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 raddistdudeever

raddistdudeever

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

So pretty much my problem is the same as this post here, but I'm not sure if i would follow the same steps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hi raddistdudeever,

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.

Some things to remember while we are working together.

• Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
  • Please do not attach logs or put logs in code boxes.
  • Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
  • Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.
  • Do not run anything while running a fix.
  • If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.

Click on the Watch Topic button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.

Please take note:

• If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate you letting me know.
  • If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
    • If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and I will guide you.
  • Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
  • If you are unable to perform the steps I have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and I will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.
  • If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
  • Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.
  • If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
  • Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

I need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:

• Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links.. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

I also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner.

Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.

Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:

Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice

Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:

How to create a GMER log

In your next reply, please include:
  • DDS log
  • GMER log (if your computer is 32-Bit)

If you are unable to create these logs (if you're still getting blue screens after booting), please let me know. (Being as descriptive as possible is helpful for me in helping you. :) )
Regards,
Jason

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 raddistdudeever

raddistdudeever
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Is there an iso of DDS because I'm unable to have windows start up without a blue screen error.

#4 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

raddistdudeever,

Unfortunately, there isn't an ISO of DDS.

:step1: We Need to Diagnose Your BlueScreen
  • When you boot your machine, press F8 to list the startup options, exactly as you would if you were trying to enter Safe Mode
  • Select "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure", as shown here:
    Posted Image
  • When your system BSODs, write down the STOP error code, as well as any written out error message back here. The STOP error will always appear, but the message may not. You are looking for this:
    Posted Image
Please post me the error(s).

:step2: Let's try rebooting into Safe Mode.
This can be done tapping the F8 key as soon as you start your computer
You will be brought to a menu with several options. Press the down arrow key on your keyboard until Safe Mode with Networking is selected. Press Enter. Please see here for additional details. If you're not able to start in Safe Mode, please let me know what happens when you try to (like if you get a blue screen, what does it say?)
Regards,
Jason

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

#5 raddistdudeever

raddistdudeever
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

When i get the BSOD it will not have a message, but this is the stop.

Stop: 0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000006, 0xFFFFFA80074E5B8C, 0x0000000000000000, 0x000000007EFA2000)

Also when starting in safe mode Windows will fully boot, but after 5 sec the same blue screen will pop up.(Giving the same error message)

Edited by raddistdudeever, 17 April 2012 - 01:51 AM.

#6 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

raddistdudeever,

We will need to view the system status from an external environment. You will need a USB drive and a CD to burn. There will be several steps to follow.

Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computer
  • Run GETxPUD.exe
  • A new folder will appear on the desktop.
  • Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.bat
  • The program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.
  • Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.
  • Next download driver.sh by noahdfear to your USB drive
  • Also Download Query.exe by noahdfear to the USB drive. In your working computer, navigate to the USB drive and click on the Query.exe. A folder and a file, query.sh, will be extracted.
  • Once this process is completed, download Dumpit by noahdfear to the USB drive.
  • Remove the USB & CD and insert them in the sick computer
  • Boot the Sick computer with the CD you just burned
  • The computer must be set to boot from the CD
  • In some computers you need to tap F12 and choose to boot from the CD, in others is the Esc key. Please consult your computer's documentation.
  • Follow the prompts
  • A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
  • Press File
  • Expand mnt
  • sda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDD
  • sdb1 is likely your USB
  • Click on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)
  • Confirm that you see driver.sh that you downloaded there
  • Press Tool at the top
  • Choose Open Terminal
  • Type bash driver.sh
  • Press Enter
  • After it has finished a report will be located on your USB drive named report.txt
  • Then type bash driver.sh
  • After it has finished a report will be located in the USB drive as filefind.txt
  • While still in the Open Terminal, type bash query.sh
  • Press Enter
  • After it has finished a report will be located in the USB drive as RegReport.txt
  • Close the Open Terminal.
  • Confirm that you see the file dumpit in your USB drive and double click on it.
  • After it has finished a report will be located in your USB drive named mbr.zip
  • Plug the USB back into the clean computer post the contents of the report.txt, filefind.txt and RegReport.txt in your next reply. The mbr.zip file must be attached to your reply.

Please let me know if you have any questions or problems following these steps.

Edited by jntkwx, 17 April 2012 - 10:16 PM.

Regards,
Jason

#7 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hi raddistdudeever,

It's been several days since my last post. Do you still need help?
Regards,
Jason

#8 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users