Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Sitebuilder Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ssmeuth

ssmeuth

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:59 PM

HI, I am trying to create and publish a new business website, too. I have read alot on the internet and I've talked to several people. Overall, the advice has been to go with Yahoo! Sitebuilder. It looks good on the Yahoo site, it sounds easy to use, but IT'S NOT WORKNG FOR ME!! I've followed all the advice offered by Yahoo, I've disabled some other programs while running SiteBuilder, I've uninstalled and reloaded SB and JAVA numerous times, but still it won't run properly.

My system meets the requirements listed for SiteBuilder. I have downloaded and installed it correctly. The problem I am having is this: When I click the icon for SiteBuilder, an MS-DOS window opens, then nothing else happens for up to 10 minutes. About half the time, a screen opens with the SiteBuilder title, but that ususally hangs up, too. The farthest I've gotten with the program is to step 3, "choose your template", but I am unable to select or download anything. I get a message box that says I have encountered a serious error, and that a report can be generated and sent to Yahoo! I don't know what else to try. Yahoo! customer support did offer to send a SiteBuilder CD, but it won't be here for weeks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my posting! Shawn in Texas

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 afterhours

afterhours

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:40 PM

Hmm. I'm no expert, but look under your firewall settings and make sure you allow Site Builder to go through ok.

Try on a different computer?

Dreamweaver or Microsoft FrontPage are web editing software. They are good as well, but more complicated.

Or hire a professional to make a e-commerce site for you. I am having someone do my site as well. Give me a PM if you are interested. Prices are pretty good for a professional job they do. You receive a project manager, web designer and a whole team to develope your site.

Edited by jgweed, 26 September 2006 - 08:33 AM.

~VAIO~

#3 sipagliacci

sipagliacci

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:07 AM

Get a hold of a copy of the original Sitebuilder it works well.
I believe there are two versions of Sitebuilder 2 (v 2.2 and 2.3) out now and neither one works for spit.

#4 beantowner

beantowner

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:26 PM

Sitebuilder no longer works. Freezing (or locking) up is a very common problem. It happens in versions 2.2 and 2.3. 2.1 was fine, but it's no longer supported and Yahoo won't give you a copy. I've been takling to everyone I can find, and I've fond no one who has been able to use 2.3. It's very sad because it used to be a geat product. Yahoo doesn't seem to care if it works or not.

#5 liquidmonkey

liquidmonkey

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:11 PM

sorry to hear about your problems. currently using v2.3 myself and it rocks on every day, no problems whatsoever.
wish i could assist rather than only saying something positive about SB.
but it does work so don't give up hope.

run norton, ad-aware and spy bot. maybe there is a worm or virus preventing you from running it, who knows????

good luck
win7 Ultimate 64bit
2 x 24" LG Monitors
Intel Core i7 920 with Xigmatek HDT-S1283
ASUS P6T WS PRO
12gigs of OCZ Gold XTC Triple Channel 6x2gig DDR3 1333MHz PC10600
XFX Nvidia GTX 260 core 216
Corsair TX750W
Cooler Master 690
HDD Total = F I V E TB!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users