Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dialup connection stopped working--help troubleshoot?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jon-9

jon-9

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

I've been using wvdial and a us robotics external dialup modem on Mint9. Worked fine until a few days ago--but now it won't connect--I'm getting error code 16: "The link was terminated by the modem hanging up"

Haven't made any changes lately to wvdial.conf, no new sw installed, nothing. Any tips on how to fix? Any log or config files I should check?

I'm assuming this is a sw problem and not a modem problem--but is there a way to confirm the modem itself is OK? The light still comes on, so there's no obvious modem problem--it's us robotics 5637, 2-yrs old.

Thanks for help--

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users