Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am looking for an aftermarket VGA cooler for OEM GT 420 PCIe

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Xenon2000

Xenon2000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

Quick overview: trying to find a different cooler for my GT 420.

Normally I am giving advice or help, but my google skills have failed me this time. I have spent a fair portion of the last 2 days searching for a VGA cooler for my OEM Nvidia GT 420 PCI-E video card. I have searched and browsed tons of sites based on Universal GPU Cooler, VGA cooler, Nvidia Coolers, etc. But so far all the coolers I have found do not list the GT 420. And searches keep catching the ultra old MX420 card.

If these coolers would at least give the mounting dimensions of the mating plate, I would just measure my mounting holes and pick a solution.

I know the GT 420 1GB card isn't anything special. But it handles my HTPC HDMI with audio needs just fine. But the heatsink/fan combo just doesn't keep it cool enough in my setup. Nothing is wrong with the fan. And I am using it in a very airy Antec 160 case. Anyway, I would like to try a better cooling solution mostly to gain a quieter solution as the tiny fan on this is the loudest thing in this particular HTPC. If I can't find an aftermarket cooling solution (not water), I will just buy a different video card. But just a waste of a perfectly fine GT 420.

Does anyone know of any air coolers that list the GT 420 as supported? Or know of any that list the mounting hole dimensions that I can match up to my card? This card has 4 heatsink mounting holes in roughly a 1:2 rectangular shape. I need to measure it.

Edited by Xenon2000, 13 April 2012 - 01:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users