Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Selling my Computer!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shiftplusone

shiftplusone

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Okay, I'm not sure if this technically belongs in this section, but it seems like the most fitting one. I'm not trying to actually sell my computer on here (Unless someone wants it ha), but I need help with selling it on the craigslist/ebay route. Basically I'm just not sure what I can get for it or the best way to sell it. I'll show the specs and stuff I have and we'll see from there. I want to be able to get the most I can for it, but actually be able to sell it.

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Full Tower
- Cosair Professional Series Gold AX1200 Power Supply (1200 Watt, Fully Modular)
- ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel LGA Socket 1155 ATX (SATA III 6Gb/s, USB 3.0)
- Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Quad Core (Overclocked to 4.9 stable)
-CORSAIR H70 Liquid CPU Cooler
- CORSAIR Vengeance RAM 16Gb (4x4Gb) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
- 3x EVGA NVidia GeForce GTX 570 1280Mb
- OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb Solid State Drive (SATA III 6.0Gb/s)
- Western Digital Caviar Black 2Tb HDD (SATA III 6.0Gb/s)

3x ASUS 25.5 LCD Monitors (2ms Response, 1920x1200px)

I also have a Logitech MX518 mouse, but I'm not really trying to get rid of it.

Do you think I should sell all the monitors separately from the tower, or all together

Either way, what do you think is a realistic price point. At retail it comes to I think a total of $3650
I'm going on tour for about 5 months, and could desperately use the money.

Thanks so much for your help! I hope this is in the right section!

Edited by hamluis, 13 April 2012 - 04:15 PM.
Moved from Buying New to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

No Idea what you can sell for. But it might be worth more as parts than as a whole.

If you decide to go the Craigslist route, do a search for Craigs list scams. From what I've seen once you post, some of the reply's will be scams.

Example: http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r26935997-Scam-Craigslist-Scams

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 14 April 2012 - 03:44 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Neil B.

Neil B.

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

you could probably get 2500-2800 out of the tower. The problem lies in peoples trust. Buying a custom built computer from someone who you do not know can be tetchy, and most people will hesitate before buying.

As for the monitors, Id sell them separably.

Another factor is how old the parts are, and how much they have been used/stressed.

My two cents :thumbsup:

#4 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

Well selling as a whole I'd guesstimate about $3000, but Neil B. brings up a good point. Try to sell with what you know. Selling items like this over the internet can be a sketchy business.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#5 KWeb

KWeb

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

yeah I'd sell them separate to get most out of your money. I'd assume buying used electronics in general is hard to do. Now ask someone accross the country to fork over 3k for something they can't even test/use in person. Good luck though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users