Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Admin User Files Not Funtioning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EggRoll

EggRoll

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

I created a new standard account on my computer. I installed chrome and messenger onto it, then switched back to my admin account.
I opened up chrome, and my history, themes, and all customizations were gone. It gave me some error that I failed to record.
I tried to install a theme but it gave me the same error.
I decided to uninstall chrome. But when I attempted to re-install it, it wouldn't work.
I eventually gave up and tried to install firefox. It gave me an error something along the lines of "Profile is missing or inaccessible"
I also attempted to open trillian, an IM program. Usually, it automatically logs in, but this time I had to manually type it in. But it would not log me in, giving me an error "unable to read from or write to the configuration directory for this account"
I had a similar problem with yahoo messenger.
Afterwards I discovered, my music files and videos I had on my admin account would not play, and gave me an error. The songs were erased off of my media player, and even though the files were still on my computer, none of them would play.

Everything on my new account seems to work, but nothing on my admin account will work.
How do I get my files back, and get my browsers to work again.
I am guessing the creation of the new account was what caused this, but could it be something else?

Edited by EggRoll, 12 April 2012 - 08:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

What problems do you have when using Internet Explorer ??

Are they the same as Chrome and FF ??

#3 EggRoll

EggRoll
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

What problems do you have when using Internet Explorer ??

Are they the same as Chrome and FF ??

Internet explorer seemed fine.

I also found that I can open the music files through the new account and it works perfectly fine, but it wont open in my admin account.

Edited by EggRoll, 12 April 2012 - 08:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users