Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion DV8125nr XP Media Center Ed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrDiggles

MrDiggles

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Hello everyone and thank you for checking out my post. My new project is a friends laptop which he acquired through sale of his old car. I say this because he has no XP CD or HP start up driver disk if I need to reformat to get rid of these problems. My problem is with the audio issues and I have installed and uninstalled the proper drivers according to the HP website to no avail. When audio is played on start up or in itunes what have you it sounds cracked, skipped or lagged. I thought some kind of spyware or malware might cause this so I used the following programs:
  • Webroot Spy Sweeper
  • Avast Antivirus
  • Norton Antivirus
  • CCleaner
  • Registry Mechanic
  • Norton Internet Security
  • Sophos Anti Rootkit
  • Spybot Search and Destroy
I am going to attach my HJT Log file if you can help at all let me know if there is any other measures I can do this so I don't have to reformat.

Mod Edit: Removed HJT log, not used in this forum since this is not a malware forum and there is no indication that yours is a malware situation in your post ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 12 April 2012 - 03:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

HP System Diagnostics Download Only click on Download Mirror 1 The rest is Advertising -
A free diagnostic tool from HP -
I hope that you removed each Antivirus fully prior to installing the next one
Norton Internet Security Must be removed with the Norton Removal Tool ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

Edited by noknojon, 12 April 2012 - 05:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users