Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to connect to lan or wireless

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 uvantu

uvantu

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

I was doing a little housekeeping on my laptop running XP and removing programs I don't use or don't need, or at least I thought I didn't and now have no internet or LAN connectivity. One of the programs was Fourelle Personal Client. Some help here would be appreciated. Thanx.
Jeff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Re: Fourelle Personal Client
Seems to be some kind of bandwidth optimizer associated with slower-tier internet connections like satellite, some wireless, leased lines, et al.
Make sure your connection doesn't -require- it (as it uses its own protocol) before completely uninstalling it.
Latest Version of Fourelle << can be downloaded from this link -

Kaspersky Info: Fourelle Venturi Personal Client 2.1.1 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 6.0 MP4 cannot be run simultaneously on the same computer.
Venturi software uses data compression on both sides, client and server.
If these two applications are run simultaneously, Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 6.0 MP4 will crash. This error occurs because Fourelle Venturi Personal Client 2.1.1 has a network driver which is incompatible with Kaspersky Anti-Virus.

#3 uvantu

uvantu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hi N,

Thanks for your response. Since I have cable at both home and work, I don't think Fourelle would be the problem and I don't use Kaspersky. Any other suggestions?

JM

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

Hi again -
There are several ways to reset the connection and here are a few -
From the Run Box or command prompt, type or Copy / Paste the following, pressing ENTER after each line : Then move to the next line -

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
netsh winsock reset

If you still have connection problems download -
winsockXP

Regards -

#5 uvantu

uvantu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hi N,

I tried both fixes and the download Winsock fix worked at home with my wireless. I assume it will also work in the office on Monday with the LAN, but if it doesn't I'll let you know. Thank you very much.

jm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users