Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Starter blank/flickering display at startup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ontwoturntables

ontwoturntables

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hey everyone,
I have a HP Mini netbook with Windows 7 starter and when it boots up, the screen goes black, but flickers, and puts the computer into a sleep mode, where the power button light starts to blink. Sometimes the screen flickers enought so you can see a faint faded error message but the mouse cursor is unresponsive. When I press (not hold) the power switch, sometimes the display will turn on for 2-3 seconds but the mouse cursor/keyboard is still usually unresponsive. There's sometimes a error message that appears when the display is temporarily on that reads:

"Interactive logon process initialization has failed.."

but the screen goes blank before anything can be clicked...

The computer starts fine in safe mode, and with a minimal boot(sysconfig), but chkdsk, windows memory diagnostic, and startup repair are unable to find any issues.
I recently booted into safe mode and uninstalled the display drivers via device manager, rebooted and it worked fine, I thought I fixed it, but when I shut down windows, windows finished installing updates and the problem started right back up again.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users