Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shutting Down Windows 8 CP

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Adamsappleone

Adamsappleone

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

One of my favorites is this method, hit the "Alt + F4" keys and be presented with this;
Posted Image

Another alternative is "Ctrl+Alt+Del", which will switch to the Metro UI and show your shutdown options.

There are 10 ways to shutdown/restart Windows 8 CP as shown by The Windows Club @ http://www.thewindowsclub.com/shutdown-restart-windows-8
The Windows Club also has there own freeware tool called HotShut which sits as a System Tray Icon.

Posted Image

Here is another freeware tool called NPowerTray, it also sits as a System Tray Icon and also in the Taskbar. No installation required with this tool.

Posted Image

Hope you find this useful.

Don

Multi-Boot, Vista Ultimate x64, Windows 7 x64 & Windows 8 Pro x64

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 johhny

johhny

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

Hi... This is good app I liked it.
There are many other apps also available in The Windows club. The freeware helps you in sending mail faster without waiting for the Mail client to open is InstaMailer. It is available for the Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 7 operating system.
Windows 8 DP and beta has a tweak that is discovered recently. It has an attractive theme Aero Lite theme. You can enable this theme by navigating to your System32 folder and launch WindowsAnytimeUpgradeResults.exe. This you can see in The Windows Club.

#3 ksmeet

ksmeet

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:39 AM

Windows 8 is new for me. i am using it. i am little confused first time. i had to shut down it directly to switch. There is one more way to shut down windows 8:- Took the curser in right hand side in corner you will see some apps, setting is one of them. Click on setting then a slide will open, you will see a power button click on it after it you can shut down, restart or sleep it.

#4 lopezsimmon

lopezsimmon

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

The first and most potential cause of your pc's unique shut down issue is from over-heating. When computer systems run, they produce a lot of warm, which is why they have a number of lovers within.

#5 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

I can't remember if this applies to the Consumer Preview, but i've been running the Windows 8 RTM release since August 15th. To shut down your PC you can open the settings navbar by pressing {Windows Key} + I. Then choose the Shut Down option from there.

Edited by AceInfinity, 22 September 2012 - 01:23 PM.

mvp.png
Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

#6 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

and this registry hack ,I found and used to add power shutdown option to the desktop right click options .
safe to use ,never caused any problem with the computer .

http://www.askvg.com/add-cascading-menu-for-restart-shut-down-hibernate-and-other-power-shortcuts-in-desktop-context-menu-of-windows-7-and-8/

Edited by caperjac, 23 September 2012 - 07:00 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#7 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

It's pretty simple to create your own context menu options, yes. You should see how much i've customized my Windows 7 context menu. It comes in handy to know about how the registry works. All that context menu item does is call to shutdown.exe, so if you wanted, you could even assign some flags to the shutdown.exe as it is also a command line utility. Open cmd and type in "shutdown /?" (without quotes).

What's useful is you can also see the reasons for shutdown on your PC when you call that through the command prompt.

The others call to their respective executables in environment locations, to do what they are intended to do. logoff.exe, etc...

~Ace

Edited by AceInfinity, 23 September 2012 - 09:12 PM.

mvp.png
Microsoft MVP .NET Programming - (2012 - Present)
®Crestron DMC-T Certified Automation Programmer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users