Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange MS Office Behavior

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tenz

tenz

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Ive been searching the interwebs for a while looking for a solution, but i really cant figure this one out.

for background, I have a Unix based file server, office 2007 up to date, on windows 7 Professional 64Bit up to date

If i open a powerpoint file by double clicking on it from the network share, it opens as read only.
If i open the same file by right clicking, and selecting open from the context menu, it opens normally
If i open file by clicking it once and pressing enter, it opens normally.

Anyone have any idea what would be causing this odd behavior? The work around is not that hard, open it by one of the latter 2 methods, but instinct and muscle memory have me double clicking most of the time. Not to mention, Other people sometimes use the files.

Anyhow, much appreciation to the community, and hopefully you all can help me figure this one out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users