Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequent freezing/ loading

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sazor22

Sazor22

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Greetings,
I am returning to Bleepingcomputer.com for a different issue my laptop is having. My issue with my desktop, involving trojans and viruses, was cleaned and fixed with your awesome help, which I am very grateful. I recently re-formatted my laptop. I downloaded some drivers that I thought were for my components, but not. My laptop has frequent freezes as I start up a program, roam the internet, etc. I believe some of the wrong drivers are conflicting and causing issues? Any help would be, once again, greatly appreciated. As a side note, I try to start a launcher for a game I play but as I do, the system freezes temporarily, and I can't access Task manager.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Laptop drivers should always (and only) be downloaded from the website of your laptop manufacturer. If that's not where you obtained them, go there and download and install the correct drivers - starting with the chipset driver. Uninstall the other drivers before installing the new ones (or format and reinstall the OS from scratch if you prefer, then install the correct drivers).

#3 Sazor22

Sazor22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

I understand that some drivers were installed that were not for my hardware. I went and installed the correct drivers for my hardware from the manufacturer website. I am curious if the other drivers, which i previously installed, are interferring with the correct, working drivers. If so, I do not know how to get rid of the wrong drivers, even if that is the issue.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

Look in device manager. Are there any yellow or red symbols?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users