Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC optimizer Pro - legit utility or malware?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Peter.Ward

Peter.Ward

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hi, when I booted up this afternoon, I was greeted by a pop up from a site calling itself PC Optimiser Pro, telling me there were thousands of problems slowing my machine and offering to fix them. Given that it was an unsolicited pop up, I'm concerned it might itself be malware. It has even created itself a link from my desktop. Does anyone know anything about this and do I have anything to worry about?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Definitely unwanted piece of garbage.
Do you have an option to uninstall it?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users