Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire Laptop keeps restarting within seconds

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mans1988

Mans1988

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hello,

I bought an Acer Aspire 5742Z-P624G64MN laptop about 6 moths ago. Even though I'm aware that it is not the best laptop a man could wish for, I've been enjoying it a lot. However, for about a month now, my laptop keeps shutting down at random times without the possibility of restarting it.

How it happens:
It will occur when I'm using the laptop (so not from sleeping mode). First the software will crash. In a couple of seconds, windows will crash too. Starting task manager will not work and after a couple of seconds my mouse will stop working. After about 30 seconds the system will shut off hard (without closing Windows nor other software). It will immediately restart itself, but within a few seconds (usually immidetialy after the acer-startscreen finishes) it will shut down again, restart, etc.

I've tried to press F8 when it starts itself, but that will not stop the process of the shutting off. What does help however, is taking out the battery (so it will not start itself over and over) and wait for a couple of hours/a day.

The reason for me to post it in this forum is my suspision that it has something to do with overheating and/or conflicting hardware.

Thanks in regards for your help on this. It is very much appreciated.

Edited by Mans1988, 11 April 2012 - 12:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

Hi,
Unless you bought it used you should have a 1 year warranty on that laptop.

If you bought it new why not use the warranty?
Let them confirm if it is hardware or software.

If it is hardware problem solved.

If it is software issues then that is typically not covered by warranty and you will need to come back here for further help.

I myself make sure the hardware is good before before touching the software

To put it another way first you need to make sure the foundation is good.

I have seen your problem be caused by hardware and software problems hence to need to eliminate hardware from the equation.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users