Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Remote Dt Issues


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smattmac

smattmac

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:27 PM

This issue started 2 weeks ago:
When I remote into my pc I get a windows error message and if I check send of do not send to microsoft it closes windows explorer and the windows goes black. It locks windows remote and I can not log back in.

The error messages are always different and microsoft never has any good advice. The most recent errors were a DrWatson error and winlogon.exe error.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
winlogon.exe encountered a problem and needed to close
szAppName : winlogon.exe szAppVer : 0.0.0.0 szModName : lameacm.acm
szModVer : 0.0.9.0 offset : 00003e3b
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am running XP Pro w/ SP2 and symantec antivirus corp v10. both are up to date with updates. I have checked it for spyware w/ Adaware Pro, Spysweeper, and Spybot. I have checked the reg with HJT and it is clean. I have cleaned the system with Webroot Windows Washer.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 tg1911

tg1911

    Lord Spam Magnet


  • Members
  • 19,274 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SW Louisiana
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:42 PM

Seems to be a known problem with lameacm.acm.
http://www.mail-archive.com/mp3encoder@minnie.tuhs.org/msg02171.html
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users