Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

programs uninstalling themselves

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 liam142

liam142

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

hi

i was wondering if anyone can help i have got football manager 2012 from steam and was playing it on 10/04/2012 and everything was ok but went to play it today and it's uninstalled from steam i was just wondering how this was possible as i didn't uninstall it.
have i been hacked or is it a virus? or something else?
i ran a scan with avg free edition that didn't pick up anything then ran a scan with malwarebytes antimalware and while that scan was running my avg resident shield detection picked up this

infected by unknown virus Win32/DH.FF8801A4{00000009-00200000-01000000-00000000}";"c:\eSupport\eDriver\Software\ASUS\AllinOne_ScreenSaver\XP32_XP64_Vista32_Vista64_Win7_32_Win7_64_ASUS_Screensaver\ASUS_allinone_Screensaver.exe";

i moved it to the virus vault uninstalled malwarebytes then reinstalled it and ran a scan and again picked up nothing. when i restarted my computer a steam srror message popped up saying steam can not run in compatiblity mode so i'm running it as an admin now( should i do that??).

many thanks

liam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scurvychef

scurvychef

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

I had a similar problem, I installed AVG, Libre Office, Thunderbird, and a Adobe PDF viewer after a fresh install of Win7.

When I booted it up this morning, I received a message saying that I had a bad configuartion and Windows would attempt to repair it.. yada yada yada... Long story short: it rolled back my computer to a previous date (when I installed AVG) So everything I installed after AVG was deleted!

My theory is that AVG was the problem. Right now I am using the Microsoft Security Essentials instead of AVG and no errors yet. (fingers crossed)
Hope this relates

good luck!

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

so i'm running it as an admin now( should i do that??).

Hi -
My Windows7 unit runs in Admin mode all the time -
Did you check for updates on Malwarebytes prior to doing the scan (it is usually updated several times a day) ??

Chances are that you have got the infection early and it will not be a problem.
To be sure always check for updates on your Antivirus and Antimalware programs prior to running them

Good luck -
Post back if you are still not sure -

#4 liam142

liam142
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

hi thanks for the replies.

ye i updated avg and malwarebytes prior to scan i think everything is ok now(hopefully).

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users