Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

again posting for virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 shovelhead54

shovelhead54

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

Running a samsung rv520-w01...windows premium upgraded to ultimate 64 bit intell prossesure...No matter what those scan say i am not on a network.. Using a motorola 6580 surfboard router.. That I have turned wireless off in.. using a hard wire to connect...I will shorten the story down to the last couple weeks...Got tired of doing system restores off the hard drive svsyone I did seemed to last less time.. So went and bought a new windows premium disk...tried to in stall said could not because was not proper format tryed to load drivers said no signed drivers could be found even off the windows disk..So with a little dumb luck and safe mode I got it to install..after about 3-4 hours had to use another browser kept gettig page can not load and timed out...So figured Id try a disk wipe program and then try and install cuz windows didnt seem to format well.. That worked for a couple days.. Then all of a suddenmy drives went back to there original letters.. So looked a little harder and it said virtual disk so I looked in the reserved partition and discovered 3 folders and about 11 hundred open programs...At that point i figured after months of this I was just going to kill all proccess and see what happened pretty much as I figured went black but it did boot..but not to my desk top persay it was a program to change ip address profile...So I just reinstalled windows loaded backup.. During this i discovered quite a bit one thing that I hope you can answer is youll see it on the gmer scan says "my" computer...my understanding is that xp was the last version to use "my" computer now is just computer i thought..C:\ drive is my system D:\ is just mine I keep getting a folder thatsays sytem volume information...Even microsoft was baffled there explanation was thats not suppose to be there..... I keep gettig icons on my desktop that say that say desktop config and they are in alot of folders open with note pad say something about %win system32% looking around found about 18 recycle bins... But the part was I would delete a .dat file it would show up in one that didnt have a drive associated with it so I tryed deleting it and it would just pop right back.. I could go on I have delt with most of the big anti virus tech microsoft techs samsung your forum and a few more just to hear cant find anything.. If you will look at this even if you tell me im crazy I would be forever in your debt...

Shovelhead...
On the possitive side I am learning more and more

*moderator edit: Removed gmer.zip attachment, which when opened will run gmer on the computer of the person opening it. ~ Queen-Evie*

Attached Files

Edited by Queen-Evie, 12 April 2012 - 04:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hi,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.
  • Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

• Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

• Please reply to this post so I know you are there.
The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.

Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.

Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users